Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Cavs

14 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We should try starting Fournier at the point with Simmons and Ross. We play so much better with a PG that can shoot. EP should be 3rd string until he learns to shoot.

Don't forget, its not like we haven't tried this before. Elfrid came off the bench for part of last season.  It's not like the starters became much better when he was out; they didn't. 

The last game was so extraordinary that it's hard to know what lessons to take from it, other than that the team seems to have real potential when they're trying as hard as they can and not going through the motions. Some of the veterans we've added are helping with that, I think, unlike in previous years where they often set a bad example.

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

I don't think being the second best three point shooting team in  the league is sustainable

Well probably not but top 10-15 feasible and would do wonders for this team. Sure Payton can’t shoot it but we can put 4 guys around him that can which opens things up drastically. Spacing and ball movement will create plenty of opportunities between him and Simmons. Vuc hitting changes the way teams will have to play us. It will also create a lot of opportunities for Gordon and Isaac to clean up around the rim.  We may actually have seen guys take major steps this offseason. 

5 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

The Miami game seemed like a replicable way to win games this year. 

We should have been blown out against Brooklyn but we turned into golden state with no defense.  

Last night we were just peak golden state. 

I know. Our defense consistency is going to be the key for us this season.

Last night was not an anomaly;

1) Change in philosophy

2) Confidence

3) SL with improved shooting

4) Vucevic upgrade

5) possible All Star caliber sixth man

6) 3-point shooting bench 

7) Defensive intensity (Isaac, Simmons) that is preventing opposing teams to make runs confidently.

A UF football beat writer has told a friend of mine who thinks the Magic will compete as a top contender this year. He thinks that as assembled plus youth, we are a force to be reckoned with.

Hate to be devil’s advocate for a bit, is there any evidence that perhaps the Cavs just sucked last night?

I saw the game. We looked great on both ends. Is there a chance I saw it incorrectly? 

7 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Hate to be devil’s advocate for a bit, is there any evidence that perhaps the Cavs just sucked last night?

I saw the game. We looked great on both ends. Is there a chance I saw it incorrectly? 

Cavs played terrible,  and we hit everything, even tied record for most 3s in (team history) first quarter.

I dont think theres any conclusions we can make from this game, except that we have players who can hit some shots.

Even Vogel repeatedly said Cavs didnt play their best, whenever he was asked if he was happy with how we played.

Absolutely the Cavs played bad.  But a D+ Cavs game has been enough to beat us most times over the past 5 years.  They screw around. They pick it up in the second half.  We slowly let them back into the game. They pull away in the last 4 minutes.  

There's not too many performances that beat what we put out there last night.  Other than golden state theres not too many teams that can keep up with the 150 offensive rating we put up in the first quarter.  150. Just typing that is absurd.  

13 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Absolutely the Cavs played bad.  But a D+ Cavs game has been enough to beat us most times over the past 5 years.  They screw around. They pick it up in the second half.  We slowly let them back into the game. They pull away in the last 4 minutes.  

There's not too many performances that beat what we put out there last night.  Other than golden state theres not too many teams that can keep up with the 150 offensive rating we put up in the first quarter.  150. Just typing that is absurd.  

Without 2 of our starters. Granted, 2 starters not known for making 3’s consistently.

With 17 3’s back to back, I don’t think we abandon this scheme at all.

Score score score and improve defense. This is our new mantra now.

I thought the refs were garbage in the first half.  Then about halfway through the 3rd quarter they realized even they were not going to beat us and they gave up.  I saw most of the game and enjoyed all I saw, except for the refs.