Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Cavs

If I'm being honest, when I got off work and checked the score I assumed it was Cleveland who won and I shook my head until I realized who had actually scored 114. Pleasantly surprised by the score. 

I really hope this isn't just a fluke and we actually have a decent team here. I haven't been excited about Magic Basketball for over 5 years

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I don't wish injury on anybody but I WOULD like to see how we play without him for a while. 

Oh yes you do. You use every reason to bash Payton even when he doesn't play  smh

To be honest, I'm pretty sure worrying about Payton's shot is not even a problem anymore. If this team can shoot as it has been doing, all Payton really needs to do is pass the ball to open shooters when he drives. The way this offense works is actually extremely favorable for Payton, more so than most would think. Vuc adding a three point shot to his game makes him such a huge threat all over the place, but more importantly it makes this team much more complete especially with Payton at the point. With Vuc being an elite shooter now you have to guard him closely or he will drop bombs on you, this opens the lanes for Payton, and allows him to basically do more damage on the interior because Vuc will demand someone come out to guard him on the perimeter. This also takes a shot blocking big out further than he should be and if he tries to contest Payton, Payton will just pass to Vuc who has been automatic from mid to long range as of late. All you need to do is watch closely and you will see what is happening on every play we drive in, especially the Fournier plays.

The most of the time Vuc receives a pass because you have to collapse on the slashing Fournier because he is actually a pretty solid slasher, this just means open mid range bombs, solid post moves, or three point snipes for Vuc. Payton is going to replicate that when he gets back, the only difference will be that Payton doing this will also mean Fournier will be on the perimeter as well, and that just adds another shooting threat. All Payton really needs to do is get stronger and keep his defense solid, his passing game is already top notch, and if he can do those things he could easily get 10+ assists a night with the team as currently constructed.

Also...AG coming back will be a huge boost. He is a solid three point threat, a solid driver, and an impressive defender. Its not like I don't like Isaac, but he needs some time to develop...he is going to replace Ross in rotation eventually. The reason I don't have Simmons taking that spot is because Simmons is our sixth man, he is the guy you need sitting on that bench to spark us, and go ham when we need scoring and defense. Putting Ross next to him on the bench will help our overall secondary recover from losing Isaac. 

By the end of the season, if all the players we have continue to play as they have, our lineup should be (hopefully):

EP/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Vuc

DJ(Mack and him are interchangeable really)/Affalo/Ross/Simmons/Biz

The secondary is a small ball lineup, using Simmons at the 4 to exploit his speed, and skills to the fullest against slower 4s.

• Like 1