Sign in to follow this  
HardCutting Franz

Official Game Thread : Magic vs Nets

Guys,

This thread is getting off-track.  When you score 121 in regulation and still don't win, the problem is primarily in one area.  And that area isn't offense. 

• Upvote 1

Biz and Mario are not basketball players, they are just big athletes who were pushed in that direction. Worst moves by Hennigan by far but most of us knew that at the time.   I Will definitely root for wins this year, but the most important thing for this team is growth from Gordon and Peyton. This team is still not very good because it was put together wrong and there is not much we can do about it. I like  some of our players, and my best hope was a new Heart and Hustle team this year. It can still happen but it's so hard to hide flawed players in this league right now.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Guys,

This thread is getting off-track.  When you score 121 in regulation and still don't win, the problem is primarily in one area.  And that area isn't offense. 

The stats come back to a familiar story.  We play really bad defense with Augustin on the floor 

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

The stats come back to a familiar story.  We play really bad defense with Augustin on the floor 

Who would of thunk? He's awful on both ends. 

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Were we better with Mack?  I didn't look at any stats.  Just from observing the game, I didn't think we looked noticeably better with Mack on the floor but I don't have anything to back that up with.

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Biz and Mario are not basketball players, they are just big athletes who were pushed in that direction. Worst moves by Hennigan by far but most of us knew that at the time.   I Will definitely root for wins this year, but the most important thing for this team is growth from Gordon and Peyton. This team is still not very good because it was put together wrong and there is not much we can do about it. I like  some of our players, and my best hope was a new Heart and Hustle team this year. It can still happen but it's so hard to hide flawed players in this league right now.  

Other than the part about Maria being a big athlete, I agree with everything in this post.  Although the team has had a problem with lacking shooters, they've been young and athletic and had decent size for some time.  It's always been disappointing to me that they haven't been better defensively.  Although there are obviously some skills and some basketball IQ that are necessary to play great defense, I think a lot of it is also about effort.  And you would think we would shine in that area.

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Were we better with Mack?  I didn't look at any stats.  Just from observing the game, I didn't think we looked noticeably better with Mack on the floor but I don't have anything to back that up with.

Yes surprisingly