Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, J-Mac said:

The more I think about it the more I feel like we draft a PG (young or sexton). It would surprise me if we draft ayton, bamba, or jjj when we have biz and vuch on the squad. Even if we trade vuch, biz is getting paid all the money to back up a rookie?.?.I don't see it happenning

We need to draft BPA. Passing on Bamba, Ayton, or JJJ because we have mediocre players already at those positions is a really bad idea.

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

We need to draft BPA. Passing on Bamba, Ayton, or JJJ because we have mediocre players already at those positions is a really bad idea.

I can really see JJJ or Mikal in a magic jersey.

5 hours ago, J-Mac said:

The more I think about it the more I feel like we draft a PG (young or sexton). It would surprise me if we draft ayton, bamba, or jjj when we have biz and vuch on the squad. Even if we trade vuch, biz is getting paid all the money to back up a rookie?.?.I don't see it happenning

Vuc will be gone by the deadline and Biz is a couple more years. Even if they were both around longer you still take one of those 3 bigs if we think they are better than the next prospect, the thought of the rubbish center's on our roster wouldn't even come into our front office minds. We're not the Blazers passing on Jordan cos we have Drexler.

Should Wiggins become available, the Knicks will probably call too. New York can offer a veteran big like Enes Kantar along with either Emmanuel Mudiay and Frank Ntilikina. That would give the Wolves some combo guard help and a scorer in the frontcourt, but that probably isn’t enough to upgrade the roster.

Further, Charlotte and Orlando should have interest in Wiggins. They don’t necessarily have the assets to get a deal done without the Timberwolves taking on bad contracts or a redundant player. Orlando can send a package around Terrance Ross, Nikola Vucevic ,and their upcoming draft pick. The Hornets could send Kemba Walker and/or one of their big contracts like Marvin Williams, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Nicolas Batum, or Cody Zeller with a first-round draft pick.

https://clutchpoints.com/andrew-wiggins-future-options-timberwolves-solve-his-unhappiness/

I'm not a big fan of Wiggins and wouldn't trade this year's lottery pick for him.

I kinda want to trade for derozan in the sense that young (or Augustin or free agent pg)-DeRozan-Isaac-Gordon-biz (or Ayton/Jackson/Bamba) is a pretty good team that can make the playoffs and maybe even the second round next year. 

But I wouldn't trade any immediate assets for him so that probably isn't enough to actually get him. But if you could maybe figure out how to build a trade around our non long term pieces currently on the roster,the 2019 pick and the OKC pick I'd do it. 

• Like 1

According to a league source, one such team is the Phoenix Suns. They have kept tabs on him throughout the season, and have reportedly become “enamored” with him. They have plans to offer Capela a max or near-max contract once free agency begins. The source requested anonymity because he isn’t authorized to comment on the Suns’ plans.

With the spending spree that was the 2016 and 2017 summers, a number of teams around the league are strapped for cash. However, according to Basketball Insiders, Phoenix has about $70.6 million in guaranteed salary for the 2018-19 season. With the salary cap projected to tap out at $102 million, that leaves more than enough room to offer Capela a max contract.

As for its center depth, Phoenix currently has only 35-year-old Tyson Chandler under contract for next season. Chandler is slated to earn $13 million.

Rockets owner Tilman Fertita has said he has no problem paying the luxury tax, and with Capela along with Chris Paul and Trevor Ariza, Houston will likely have to go deep inside the tax to keep this group together.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/09/houston-rockets-clint-capela-free-agency-phoenix-suns-max-contract-source/

Looks like Phoenix might prefer Capela over AG.

1 hour ago, MagicFan1234 said:

You are crazy, you want Wiggins and his awful max contract? 

He still has a lot of potential. Might become a different player as a #1 option

52 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

He still has a lot of potential. Might become a different player as a #1 option

Yes he does but I do not want his max contract and it will be hard to trade him if he does not work out so I hope Magic pass on him