Jump to content
?4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

?4thewin    1,727
3 minutes ago, Mike1989 said:

My point is that if we draft Bagley or Porter, one of them can pair with Isaac at the forward spots and we can then look at a sign and trade with Gordon. Try and acquire another pick or talent at another position, for example see what Sacramento are willing to offer because they've got no reason to be bad next year (they owe their 1st to Philly). The issue with drafting a forward and extending Gordon is that none of that trio (Isaac, Gordon, Bagley/Porter) are ideal fits to play center other than short spells in small ball line ups. As such it means playing Isaac or the rookie off the bench. Not a major issue, but if we can fill another need by moving Gordon that might be beneficial. Also if we plan to tank having two rookies and sending away one of our better players could help. However if we plan to compete keeping Gordon is better.

With that said, I do think we'll extend him and draft either a big or a guard.

There's no incentive for Gordon to agree to a sign and trade. There's no incentive for another team to help us out with a sign and trade. Trading your good young player because you just drafted a replacement rookie at the same position often blows up in the teams face when the rookie ends up not being that good. There's nothing to suggest Micheal Porter Jr will be better than Quincy Miller. Look at their high school tape, they look like the exact same player and we don't have a college basketball sample that proves otherwise

Though listen on mute because the mpj tape is better produced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicfan1987    215

If we don't resign AG it shows there's no room for a 22 year old vet in our rebuild vision. gonna be soooo young like for real so young so... Young.

wow.

We're drafting Trae Young....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike1989    53
2 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

If we don't resign AG it shows there's no room for a 22 year old vet in our rebuild vision. gonna be soooo young like for real so young so... Young.

wow.

We're drafting Trae Young....

Or they don't think AG is a franchise changing talent and all star, instead they view him as another Tobias Harris caliber player. We traded him away at 23 years old, so it wouldn't be a surprise if we did the same to AG if we don't want to pay him a max and think he's more Harris than future all star. It all comes down to how you evaluate and view AG.

As for the no room for a 22 year old, there might be a case for that if the team goes for Jaren Jackson or Bamba. Both players are likely to take a few seasons to develop like AG did, and we have Isaac who will probably take another couple of seasons before putting it all together. If we plan to pair them and tank to add another piece next year and perhaps the year after if we are really starting from the ground up, will we want a 22 year old heading into his prime years on an expensive contract who will want to win rather than tank?

AG has already said before he wants to win games and compete. If our front office think we need to tank next year and maybe another year, AG and other veterans might need to be traded in order to bottom out. However if we intend to compete keeping AG is a must.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wilbur    11
On 5/5/2018 at 6:34 PM, Mike1989 said:

Or they don't think AG is a franchise changing talent and all star, instead they view him as another Tobias Harris caliber player. We traded him away at 23 years old, so it wouldn't be a surprise if we did the same to AG if we don't want to pay him a max and think he's more Harris than future all star. It all comes down to how you evaluate and view AG.

As for the no room for a 22 year old, there might be a case for that if the team goes for Jaren Jackson or Bamba. Both players are likely to take a few seasons to develop like AG did, and we have Isaac who will probably take another couple of seasons before putting it all together. If we plan to pair them and tank to add another piece next year and perhaps the year after if we are really starting from the ground up, will we want a 22 year old heading into his prime years on an expensive contract who will want to win rather than tank?

AG has already said before he wants to win games and compete. If our front office think we need to tank next year and maybe another year, AG and other veterans might need to be traded in order to bottom out. However if we intend to compete keeping AG is a must.

If the Magic give AG the max... and I think they need to... this is AG's team.  There is no second fiddle.  Vuc and Evan need to be dealt for a bag of peanuts if necessary.  The Magic need to hook AG on the fact that this franchise is going to sink or swim with him in the short term and that help in the form of Isaac and whoever we draft this year is on the way, but it needs to develop.  In the meantime, he is the guy that is going to make this team win.  He is the guy that has to make the players around him better.  He is the guy that needs to control the lockerroom, etc.  If AG doesn't buy in, he isn't worth the max deal... and maybe that is why we are hearing the Magic might not match.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KRISH10    69

Ideal scenario this offseason would be to resign AG and Mario, draft a new starting center Ayton, Bamba or Jackson, trade VUC and Fournier for a player and another early pick and take a PG in the draft. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Murphy13    159
On 5/8/2018 at 9:38 AM, Wilbur said:

If the Magic give AG the max... and I think they need to... this is AG's team.  There is no second fiddle.  Vuc and Evan need to be dealt for a bag of peanuts if necessary.  The Magic need to hook AG on the fact that this franchise is going to sink or swim with him in the short term and that help in the form of Isaac and whoever we draft this year is on the way, but it needs to develop.  In the meantime, he is the guy that is going to make this team win.  He is the guy that has to make the players around him better.  He is the guy that needs to control the lockerroom, etc.  If AG doesn't buy in, he isn't worth the max deal... and maybe that is why we are hearing the Magic might not match.

 

If AG is the guy then we should get used to these lotto conversations.  He's 3rd option at best on a good team.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J-Mac    23

The more I think about it the more I feel like we draft a PG (young or sexton). It would surprise me if we draft ayton, bamba, or jjj when we have biz and vuch on the squad. Even if we trade vuch, biz is getting paid all the money to back up a rookie?.?.I don't see it happenning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Jaudon    158
11 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

If AG is the guy then we should get used to these lotto conversations.  He's 3rd option at best on a good team.  

That is what he is right now. What he might become is another story. People said the same thing about Oladipo, and now he's one of the best young players in the NBA. Gordon is 22 turning 23. He has improved vastly in a number of areas. Maybe he's never a  #1 guy. Maybe he takes another big step forward next season and turns into a monster (basically all it would take is a step forward in consistency and decision making, things that tend to get better naturally for guys under 25). It's hard to say at this point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~O~    479
On 5/5/2018 at 4:06 PM, Magicfan1987 said:

If we don't resign AG it shows there's no room for a 22 year old vet in our rebuild vision. gonna be soooo young like for real so young so... Young.

wow.

We're drafting Trae Young....

Lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×