Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Isaac was already a plus defensive player as a rookie while DSJ was literally one of the worst players in the league last year lmao.

with that logic you could also argue Lonzo Ball was one of the worst players in the league. His shooting percentages were the worst for any starter and possibly the worst of all players. But not many people will believe that. 

5 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

with that logic you could also argue Lonzo Ball was one of the worst players in the league. His shooting percentages were the worst for any starter and possibly the worst of all players. But not many people will believe that. 

He was one of the worst players in the league. But most rookies are

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He was one of the worst players in the league. But most rookies are

yea okay, guy is a triple double threat every game, plays defense, rebounds well, and makes great decisions with the ball. That's one of the worst players in the league...

4 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

yea okay, guy is a triple double threat every game, plays defense, rebounds well, and makes great decisions with the ball. That's one of the worst players in the league...

I mean he's going to be fine but he wasn't very good. And 45% free throw shooting is kinda scary. 

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean he's going to be fine but he wasn't very good. And 45% free throw shooting is kinda scary. 

Do You know who the worst players in the league are? Guys like Joakim Noah, Jason Terry, Luol Deng, and a bunch of other guys I can’t remember rn. Lonzo is nowhere in the same breath as those guys. He struggled shooting but excelled in every other aspect. If you think he’s one of the worst players in the league I really question your judgment. 

6 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Do You know who the worst players in the league are? Guys like Joakim Noah, Jason Terry, Luol Deng, and a bunch of other guys I can’t remember rn. Lonzo is nowhere in the same breath as those guys. He struggled shooting but excelled in every other aspect. If you think he’s one of the worst players in the league I really question your judgment. 

I don't really care what you think of my judgement. It's a really hard argument to make that a guy who is among the bottom 3 or so players who got real minutes this year in true shooting percentage is good. It's not a lonzo specific argument. Isaac was bad. Ntlikina was bad. Fox was bad. Jackson was bad. Collins was bad. Monk was bad. DSJ was bad. Our pick this year will most likely be bad. Rookies are usually bad. 

13 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

So? DSJ can at least make his own offense. You give the ball to Isaac and he's a deer in headlights. Did he even score in double figures once this season? When Isaac is on the court it's 4 on 5. He's not a threat to score, at all. You can hang your hat on some defensive metrics (most are unreliable) but that's not enough to convince me he'll develop a jumper or a go to move. 

He has scored doubles figures a few times. He also missed 3 months. Go look him up at NBA.com

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

He has scored doubles figures a few times. He also missed 3 months. Go look him up at NBA.com

I'm not sure he even watches the games.  which is fine, they were crappy. But come on

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't really care what you think of my judgement. It's a really hard argument to make that a guy who is among the bottom 3 or so players who got real minutes this year in true shooting percentage is good. It's not a lonzo specific argument. Isaac was bad. Ntlikina was bad. Fox was bad. Jackson was bad. Collins was bad. Monk was bad. DSJ was bad. Our pick this year will most likely be bad. Rookies are usually bad. 

Even highly praised rookie Simmons is still bad, <50% free throw shooter 0% 3 point shooter

6 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Even highly praised rookie Simmons is still bad, <50% free throw shooter 0% 3 point shooter

Eh. No. Simmons is great. 55% on twos

40 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Eh. No. Simmons is great. 55% on twos

Yep, even with no 3 and bad FT%, was still above 55% TS%, which is above average (if only slightly). Simmons basically is a "breaks the rules" type player for what ever argument you want to have though so not sure he is a good benchmark for anything really.

• Like 1