Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, magicblue said:

Like I said before, maintaining AG as an asset is the right move...even at near max/max money. Of course we should try to get him for less than the max, but if it comes down to letting him walk or matching a max offer we have to match. Either he becomes a legit star or we use him in a package to get another player that fits our roster in the future. I’m still hopeful we can get him at $22’ish per and perhaps on a front loaded contract to maintain a bit more flexibility 3-4 years from now

It would be nice if we could get him for less than a max, or on a deal that is favorable to us long term, but I suspect some team is going to make it expensive for us to bring him back. He's exactly the type of player teams are going to want to take a gamble on, hardworking and lots of upside. 

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

Like I said before, maintaining AG as an asset is the right move...even at near max/max money. Of course we should try to get him for less than the max, but if it comes down to letting him walk or matching a max offer we have to match. Either he becomes a legit star or we use him in a package to get another player that fits our roster in the future. I’m still hopeful we can get him at $22’ish per and perhaps on a front loaded contract to maintain a bit more flexibility 3-4 years from now

Exactly. Not getting this done would be an extremely bone headed move by new management. 

Don't look now but Philly,  without Embiid, wins by 27 last night.  They are reminding me a lot of our 1994-1995 team that went to the Finals.   Their confidence level seems sky high and they are on a roll.  They will get less than full strength Celtics in the semi's.

9 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Who do you think will get paid more this summer Marcus smart or rozier?

Marcus smart as rozier isn't up this year

Cavs get thoroughly destroyed by Pacers. I'm happy seeing Dipo doing so well, but it just sucks thinking what could have been. Hennigan really looks like a complete buffoon.

24 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Cavs get thoroughly destroyed by Pacers. I'm happy seeing Dipo doing so well, but it just sucks thinking what could have been. Hennigan really looks like a complete buffoon.

to be somewhat fair, a lot of things had to happen to get this Dipo.

1)Learn under Westbrook.

2) return to a town that loves him.

3) Be given the keys to a decently rostered vet filled vehicle.

4) have less pressure than in OKC or Orlando 

5) Have something to prove after being traded in back to back seasons

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

1)Learn under Westbrook.

True, I guess, but people could see Oladipo had the potential to be great some day when he was here. Some of the amazing games he had here were really special. Hennigan really should have seen that. We basically have Aaron Gordon and a few bad contracts to show for his tenure(although us maybe losing Mario isn't on him).

19 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

1)Learn under Westbrook.

Not having to play with defensive sieves at both center and PG changes things a lot too. VO had a lot of pressure here to both score and attempt to defend the whole back court. 

8 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Not having to play with defensive sieves at both center and PG changes things a lot too. VO had a lot of pressure here to both score and attempt to defend the whole back court. 

True, but the fact we had defensive sieves at both center and PG was on Hennigan as well. Plus Payton's D wasn't that terrible back then was it? He seemed to get lazier on that end as time went on.