Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

A history of the Fat Guy

If you're going to understand Salvagio as a fan, you have to understand the folkloric manner in which he earned the nickname the "Fat Guy."

The date was March 3, 1990. The Magic's inaugural season was entering the backstretch. Salvagio, his eldest son, Anthony, and two of Salvagio's close friends were sitting in the stands of Orlando Arena, Section 102, Row L. The first overtime period was underway, a nail-biter against the Washington Bullets, and the Magic's new-to-this crowd wasn't as enthused as Salvagio would have liked.

So Salvagio, being the bon vivant he is, stood up and began to dance. Well, not so much dance. Think of it more like a manic shake of the body, as if the NBA's holy ghost had come over him. His wild mop of hair flew, adding to his off-his-rocker aesthetic. The extra skin on his frame took a moment to catch up to his body's quick jolts. Salvagio was in his element: jovial, merrily manic, loose. Magic fans had yet to see anyone like him.

The sold out crowd – all 15,077 of them – was enthralled. According to an article published in the Orlando Sentinel the next day, when Salvagio stood up to shake out his Magic jitters, Orlando Arena sound technicians said the crowd's roar grew to 120 decibels – then the loudest ever recorded in the arena.

The camera guy noticed as well. "You're up on the screen," Salvagio's friend told him. So Salvagio sat down, but the crowd cheered him back to his feet. He kept on dancing.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/orlando/what-happened-to-the-orlando-magic/Content?oid=12599838

42 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Who thinks Frank is gone??

I believe he is..

I think he probably gets another year but I wouldn’t be too surprised if it turns out that he’s gone. 

Vogel has issues

We've had injuries and there's been quite a few losses that would have been wins  but for a turnover leading to an easy fast break.  

We probably could use a change

5 coaches in 5 years is bad.  

I don't know what I want.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I think he probably gets another year but I wouldn’t be too surprised if it turns out that he’s gone. 

Yes. I agree. He is still a good coach. I cant think of any coach in the leaguewho will win with our current roster. I think one more year is fair. Just like Stan was given in Detroit. Who knows.. maybe Stan will come back after all.

If we fire Vogel we need to make sure we hire the right replacement. Someone we can rebuild with, then kick on with. Like Brett Brown and the 76ers, or Brad Stevens and the Celtics. Find the right coach to develop the young talent and build a positive culture with. This whole swapping and changing lark does nothing. It just creates more instability with the organisation and that's something the teams that are bad and stay bad suffer with, whereas those that get better tend to have more stability.

Russell Westbrook grabs his 16th rebound, locking up a triple-double average in back-to-back seasons, becoming the first player to ever average a triple-double more than once.

amazing

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Russell Westbrook grabs his 16th rebound, locking up a triple-double average in back-to-back seasons, becoming the first player to ever average a triple-double more than once.

amazing

He finished 6/20/19 lol

4 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

If we fire Vogel we need to make sure we hire the right replacement. Someone we can rebuild with, then kick on with. Like Brett Brown and the 76ers, or Brad Stevens and the Celtics. Find the right coach to develop the young talent and build a positive culture with. This whole swapping and changing lark does nothing. It just creates more instability with the organisation and that's something the teams that are bad and stay bad suffer with, whereas those that get better tend to have more stability.

I would love to pry jay wright away from Villanova. That dude is a damn good coach and is all about building a confident winning culture