Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

26 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Last day of the season....what are we rooting for?

I'm so glad it's over!

bitter sweet but man do I love watching playoff basketball, when we finally make it back I'm treating every playoff game like a super bowl party and gaining 25 pounds 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Do what Dallas did.  Play NO starters at all!

Knowing our luck the NBA fines us, takes away draft picks for the next decade and blackballs us from FA.

17 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Last day of the season....what are we rooting for?

I'm so glad it's over!

Rooting for a loss!  Odds described below!

https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2018/4/11/17223266/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-magics-lottery-odds

Looking forward to an intriguing offseason.  Evaluation period over and it will be interesting to see what changes occur.  New Head coach?  PG future?  Center of the future?  Resign Heronja?. Draft day trades? Trades of veterans?  Lots of possible actions to watch!

6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Knowing our luck the NBA fines us, takes away draft picks for the next decade and blackballs us from FA.

Normally I would laugh at that but it has a slight chance of reality which makes it scary.  My only thought is that Silver is such a  weasel that he won't do anything because so many teams have tanked.  With this year and the fact that tried to address tanking last summer, if he had any hair he would have pulled it all out by now.  

6 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Normally I would laugh at that but it has a slight chance of reality which makes it scary.  My only thought is that Silver is such a  weasel that he won't do anything because so many teams have tanked.  With this year and the fact that tried to address tanking last summer, if he had any hair he would have pulled it all out by now.  

I believe the changes they made to address tanking actually take effect next season. 

14 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I believe the changes they made to address tanking actually take effect next season. 

From a lottery perspective you are correct but fines and penalties are in effect this year and are up to the discretion of the commissioner's office!

7 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

From a lottery perspective you are correct but fines and penalties are in effect this year and are up to the discretion of the commissioner's office!

That’s true but since tanking is somewhat subjective, they probably are waiting for the changes next year rather than going the fine/penalty route.  

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

For punishment they should just default Dallas to 5th and let us and Atlanta split the #3 & #4 balls.

• Upvote 1

@MagicalNBA

Vogel obviously gone after tomorrow. Stackhouse is the lead candidate, but we are about to see Weltman put his hand all over this team.

Just posting what i see via twitter

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

@MagicalNBA

Vogel obviously gone after tomorrow. Stackhouse is the lead candidate, but we are about to see Weltman put his hand all over this team.

Nothing personal against Vogel but we need SOMEBODY other than Henny's hand all over this team! We've seen the last year of the Henny mistakes play out during new management's "observation" year. Now it's time for lots of changes!

8 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

@MagicalNBA

As a parting shot, Vogel leads the Magic to a win and the eventual 6th pick in the 2018 NBA draft

• Like 2