Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

45 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

No tough day at the office.  Just pent up anger from this conference being so freaking beta.  I dont care how many  downvotes i get for that post. 

Some team in this conference needs to make a name for themselves.  A disguishable identity.  We have yet to see any success. We only see mental midgets like the raptors and teams dont give a **** like the wizards. We've been stuck with this one trick poney long enough.  

The kyrie irving injury sparked the anger because its always a key injury or beta fukcing team that paves the way for eastern conference its poney show.  It got so bad thag they had to change the damn all star because eastern players are ****ty.  

Ugh. Don't use beta like that.  

21 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Ugh. Don't use beta like that.  

Did you cross into a fraternity or are you annoyed by the modern way people use those terms on social network threads?  lol

Anyway, I like Indiana and Philly as east teams this year. I fear for Philly that they will sign the albatross, LeBron James.  He'll completely take the spotlight from up and coming Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid. The league needs players to create there own legacy..this is why I'm frustrated with the east.  None of these guys have the WILL to actually try and change the game.  

As we said in high school:  The east has players.  The west has TEAMS.  

5 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Did you cross into a fraternity or are you annoyed by the modern way people use those terms on social network threads?  lol

Anyway, I like Indiana and Philly as east teams this year. I fear for Philly that they will sign the albatross, LeBron James.  He'll completely take the spotlight from up and coming Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid. The league needs players to create there own legacy..this is why I'm frustrated with the east.  None of these guys have the REAL..will to actually try and change the game.  

As we said in high school:  The east has players.  The west has TEAMS.  

I'd argue Miami are a team to watch and one that teams won't really want to play. They are a tough team built around the culture that the Heat have spent many years building. Even last year when they went 11-30 in the first half, they turned it around and went 30-11 in the second half due to their desire to win. They've managed it without a true star. Average players have become good players, and good have become very good. Their system and culture is one we should try to replicate.

As for LeBron going to Philly, where's the harm in that? If he can help them win a titles that's a positive because he'll move on and they'll hopefully still be there beyond his stay. It's like LeBron going to Miami and learning how to become a champion (Wade and Riley already had rings), it helped him become better. Granted he was already great before going to Miami but going there made him even better. Perhaps Lebrons experience and desire can make a positive impact on Simmons and Embiid and make them better for it? Also it does help them combat the western super teams.

7 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

you really don't see his upside?

I see the upside.  I just think he's antithetical to what we're trying to do. 

Let's say once you factor in a typical point guard usage rate he's a Mike Conley level offensive player but the worst defensive player in the league.  Is that level of offense (pretty good) valuable enough to deal with a fatal flaw in our defense as other teams are going to spread us out, force trae to switch onto their best player and demand help which breaks down the defense.  They'll run him through 40 screens a game and it's going to hurt him.  

Additionally, I'm worried that his offense is too streaky. How many games did he start out 3-17 only to hit his next 6 or 7 shots in a flurry of scoring? He shoots himself into a rhythm.  In the nba he's not going to get those extra 6 or 7 shots. So I think he's going to shoot you out of games.  

That's why ultimately I think he's a Lou Williams, Ben Gordon elite bench scorer where you have contingency plan for his off shooting nights and you can give him big minutes when he's hot.  He'll be going against bench lineups where he won't be exploited as much and you can still play him big minutes on his good nights. 

I'm not crazy.  I know he'll probably score 40 at least once his rookie year.  I just think his game to game play is going to be rough if you expect him to be a 34 mpg every night guy.  

6 hours ago, ~O~ said:

It's not really a normal people word definition.  It's redpill mens "rights" group jargon. It's lexicon from the worst part of the internet.  

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I see the upside.  I just think he's antithetical to what we're trying to do. 

Let's say once you factor in a typical point guard usage rate he's a Mike Conley level offensive player but the worst defensive player in the league.  Is that level of offense (pretty good) valuable enough to deal with a fatal flaw in our defense as other teams are going to spread us out, force trae to switch onto their best player and demand help which breaks down the defense.  They'll run him through 40 screens a game and it's going to hurt him.  

Additionally, I'm worried that his offense is too streaky. How many games did he start out 3-17 only to hit his next 6 or 7 shots in a flurry of scoring? He shoots himself into a rhythm.  In the nba he's not going to get those extra 6 or 7 shots. So I think he's going to shoot you out of games.  

That's why ultimately I think he's a Lou Williams, Ben Gordon elite bench scorer where you have contingency plan for his off shooting nights and you can give him big minutes when he's hot.  He'll be going against bench lineups where he won't be exploited as much and you can still play him big minutes on his good nights. 

I'm not crazy.  I know he'll probably score 40 at least once his rookie year.  I just think his game to game play is going to be rough if you expect him to be a 34 mpg every night guy.  

Those are all very fair points and it's definetly within the realm of reasonable outcomes for his career. 

As a fan, I'm just darn thirsty for a go to scorer, and through the draft seems to be the best way for us. 

You've said before we won't be picking this early again, so there goes Cam Reddish and RJ Barrett.

That leaves us with the option of going for Trae Young. I know the risk is high but I'd have to take it.

There's only about 2 or 3 players in this draft that I'd have to sit and wonder about taking over him JJJ, Doncic, and Ayton. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's not really a normal people word definition.  It's redpill mens "rights" group jargon. It's lexicon from the worst part of the internet.  

such a beta thing to say

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This isn't the right forum to brag about my alpha high T workout regimen to you beta soyboy cucks?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1