Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

42 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

or JJJ, and adding in a good PG with one of our 2nds.

Fred vanvleet-ross- isaac- Gordon- bamba

Jevon carter-simmons-iwundu-(trade Fournier for marvin Williams or something idk)- Birch

Augustin-artis-fa-fa-biyombo

Two way-two way

35 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Imagine pairing them with bamba

Of all players who have played at least 500 minutes, Isaac is 7th in steal percentage and top 20 in block percentage. He gets blocks like a center and gets steals like a wing/guard. Even if he only ends up ok offensively (and there is really no reason to think that he shouldn't improve on that end that I have seen), he might just be that game changer on the defensive end. Honestly, I think he has higher total defensive potential than Gordon. Honestly, I think his potential is that of a Anthony Davis, Kevin Garnett, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan type generational defender. His block/steal rates already compare favorably to their best years, he just needs to get his positioning really solid.

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Fred vanvleet-ross- isaac- Gordon- bamba

Jevon carter-simmons-iwundu-(trade Fournier for marvin Williams or something idk)- Birch

Augustin-artis-fa-fa-biyombo

Two way-two way

That team sounds like it would be a pain to score against. Probably would have a very ugly offense though.

1 minute ago, Odin said:

Of all players who have played at least 500 minutes, Isaac is 7th in steal percentage and top 20 in block percentage. He gets blocks like a center and gets steals like a wing/guard. Even if he only ends up ok offensively (and there is really no reason to think that he shouldn't improve on that end that I have seen), he might just be that game changer on the defensive end. Honestly, I think he has higher total defensive potential than Gordon. Honestly, I think his potential is that of a Anthony Davis, Kevin Garnett, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan type generational defender. His block/steal rates already compare favorably to their best years, he just needs to get his positioning really solid.

hes definitely an unbelievable talent. hell be a monster by the end of next year

19 minutes ago, Odin said:

That team sounds like it would be a pain to score against. Probably would have a very ugly offense though.

Yeah.  My plan:

1. Be great on defense, good enough on offense

2. Sneak into playoffs

3. Convince good offensive player to come here.  

4. Championship

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah.  My plan:

1. Be great on defense, good enough on offense

2. Sneak into playoffs

3. Convince good offensive player to come here.  

4. Championship

Sarcasm?

You just expressed Rob Hennigans plan...

We got wiffed by Paul Milsap the offensive savior for the Magic.  

It's a poor plan without a brilliant motion based offensive coach which we may not have in Vogel.

10 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Sarcasm?

It's a poor plan without a brilliant motion based offensive coach which we may not have in Vogel.

You don’t like Vogel’s motion offense? He has it down to a two player motion, vuc and whom ever. While 3 guys stand around the perimeter. A thing of beauty. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

You don’t like Vogel’s motion offense? He has it down to a two player motion, vuc and whom ever. While 3 guys stand around the perimeter. A thing of beauty. 

it only works with Evan and Vuc, our best players we haven't been able to build around

3 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Sarcasm?

Just because the execution was poor doesn't mean that the plan is bad.

Hennigan failed for 3 reasons:

1.  traded a young potentially elite two way player (Guard) for a washed up roll-playing vet (big man).

2. Pay big money to a defensive roll-player big man at a position that already has too many players.

3. Have anti-defense big soak up most of the center minutes even with the previous two moves.

Move one overloaded the defensive ability at big man positions, while making it so that we basically had no good defenders at the guard positions. Move two gave us a player that we could not effectively use, because there were no real minutes for him. Move three basically negated any attempts to make us a better defensive team.

That is not a failure in planning, that is a failure in execution.