Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I just think Payton isn't very intelligent

That is the thing. It apears as he is a smart kid. I just dont think he cares much.

1) Payton isn't very intelligent, low bball iq - glad we got rid of him

or

2) He is a smart kid, he just doesn't care much - glad we got rid of him.

or 

3) He's just not very mature/professional - glad we got rid of him.

Hmm, there seems to be a theme here. I don't care why he hasn't been able to play within the defensive scheme of our coaching staff(s), or now within Phoenix's. It doesn't matter to me if he's not too bright, doesn't care, or just is immature/unprofessional; he is now someone else's problem. It's a shame, as I think there is a lot of talent there to be tapped, but if he can't or won't exert the effort on the defensive end, then I don't want him. This season he frequently looked like he wasn't trying on that end. 

Lowe:

6. Listless Vooch

Ground-bound plodders can be neutral defenders if they are smart, and play hard all the time. Nikola Vucevic approached neutrality last season. It didn't carry over. Vucevic has defended with a strange listlessness. Help rotations don't happen, or come with such reluctant sloth that they offer no resistance against the endless opponent layup line.

Enemy shooters have hit 66 percent of their shots at the rim with Vucevic nearby, seventh-worst among 64 rotation centers, per NBA.com. He lurches into passing lanes on the pick-and-roll instead of sliding his feet and maintaining balance. Too often, he lurches himself right out of the play. The Orlando Magic are bleeding points when opponents rope Vucevic into the pick-and-roll, per Second Spectrum tracking data.

It's as if six years of losing under four coaches -- and the deterioration of his shooting percentage -- has sapped his spirit. That is a very human thing. Most players hit spells when losing, a poisonous locker-room, or some off-court issue infects their play.

Vucevic is better than this. Hopefully he reminds us next season.

• Upvote 2

It doesn't just get in the way it looks ridiculous as hell. You can't tell me someone has honestly complimented his hair.

3 hours ago, ML6 said:

Lowe:

Vuch is not better than this. He is this exactly. Ever since he got hurt down low a few years ago when he had to wear a mask,  he has refused to show any balls.  He does not want to have any contact. Please get rid of him and I don’t give a dam what for. A chocolate donut, anything. He is a malignant tumor on this teams growth. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Vuch is not better than this. He is this exactly. Ever since he got hurt down low a few years ago when he had to wear a mask,  he has refused to show any balls.  He does not want to have any contact. Please get rid of him and I don’t give a dam what for. A chocolate donut, anything. He is a malignant tumor on this teams growth. 

I would give up one of our future seconds if someone would just take him. On the other hand he IS an expiring contract and we may get lucky and get some kind of asset for him. Whatever we do, I don't want to see him starting for this team unless Birch and Biyombo are both out!

• Downvote 1