Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Mario says it is not about money and signing back here is his number one option and he likes the vision of Hammond and Weltman.. 

Nice to hear and a decent read. I still think he may be gone. We can hope! 

Finally some good news for magic fans lol

Mario is saying all the right things but there's a possibility it's an agent in his ear telling him what's best to say for his long term future. It could be completely genuine as well, to me it kinds of seems like it might be. It's still gonna be hard keeping him though, it's all good wanting to be loyal and stay because you like the vision but if someone is offering 2-3 times more money you can't really blame the guy for taking it.

13 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Mario is saying all the right things but there's a possibility it's an agent in his ear telling him what's best to say for his long term future. It could be completely genuine as well, to me it kinds of seems like it might be. It's still gonna be hard keeping him though, it's all good wanting to be loyal and stay because you like the vision but if someone is offering 2-3 times more money you can't really blame the guy for taking it.

no one's offering Hezonja 10-15 mil per year

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So maybe he'll take the $5M or whatever we can pay him for 1 year then we can give him a legit contract after that, right?

yes

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't really see it as sobering 

He would help his free-agency prospects if he ends the season with a flourish, but he has been painfully inconsistent after a strong stretch from late January through late February. This month, he has made only 38.2 percent of his shots overall and just 22.4 percent of his 3s.”

I think the description of being “painfully inconsistent” is pretty sobering, especially when Robbins contrasts it with Mario being “saturated with self-confidence.”

56 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

What I find interesting is how, now, the things he seems to have talent in and the things he was supposed to be good at don't really line up much at all.

Was supposed to be a scorer- doesn't actually score that much. (Obviously still has potential here, but 9 points in 21 minutes is mediocre scoring at best, especially when he is likely the most talented player on the floor when playing with the bench.)

Was supposed to be a great 3 point shooter- has been average at best.

On the other hand, I think his defense has really come together in the last half a season. Especially his quick hands and skill at jumping passing lanes. He has almost doubled his steals production. For example he has gone from 1.32 steals per 36 for the first 33 games, to 2.11 for the last 33 games.

Also, his passing has been really good at times, showing great vision and skill.

His athleticism is there, but can be awkward at times. He needs to learn how to make better use of it.