Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I really feel bad about him. He might not get a decent contract after all. He is a nice kid but I just dont see him getting starting PG money and just a 1-2 year contract instead. He might get an offer in the 5-6 mills per year( Mack salary) for 1-2 years at most. There are 19 PG's available in this year mock drafts( first and second). I just dont think that there many teams willing to offer him a salary at all. 

Ok, so we are really spending a lot of time talking about  players in the draft, lottery position and tanking. We have spent little to no  time talking about possible FA options the magic can benefit from int he offseason. 

I will start with Boogie. I think we should go after him immediately and offer him max money. This is the only guy I will go after and let AG walk if we have to. I see no much of a chance but who knows. He will be great to have next to Isaac. He injured his achilles(the good one) so it is a risk but  cant pass on him if you have the chance. 

The other player high on my list is:  Tyreke Evans: A guy that can shoot and score. If he can stay healthy. 

My UFA  list( with some of RFA I think will become available): 

Boggie( very little chance)

CP3( I dont think we have a chance)

Evans

JJ redick

Favors

Noel

Ariza

Barton

Smart(RFA)

Bradley

KCP

Randle(RFA)

Exum(RFA)

Mario

Vanfleet(RFA)

Kyle Anderson(RFA)

2 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

Unless management listen to the players. Fizdale lost his job in Memphis because they backed Gasol over him. Player power can force coaches out if you get on the wrong side of them.

We don't really have many (real) players for them to listen to. It is totally on the coach to create and play rotations that will create the best winning chances. IMO Vogel sticking with EP at PG and Vuc at center for way too long says that either he doesn't have a clue or it was orders from the FO to [play them so we could discreetly tank. 

I believe he had to play EP to showcase him as they were going to move on from him irregardless. The bonus is that it helped our tank. I feel bad for Frank; he was dealt an impossible hand, but the question remains; should we have been at least a middle tier defensive team seeing how defense was his calling card. I also think the game has changed so much since his days at Indiana; that maybe he is antiquated in his philosophy.

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Ok, so we are really spending a lot of time talking about  players in the draft, lottery position and tanking. We have spent little to no  time talking about possible FA options the magic can benefit from int he offseason. 

I will start with Boogie. I think we should go after him immediately and offer him max money. This is the only guy I will go after and let AG walk if we have to. I see no much of a chance but who knows. He will be great to have next to Isaac. He injured his achilles(the good one) so it is a risk but  cant pass on him if you have the chance. 

The other player high on my list is:  Tyreke Evans: A guy that can shoot and score. If he can stay healthy. 

Evans

JJ redick

Favors

Noel

Ariza

Barton

Smart(RFA)

Bradley

KCP

Randle(RFA)

Exum(RFA)

Mario

Vanfleet(RFA)

Kyle Anderson(RFA)

We don't have max room even if you let Gordon go.  

Also Achilles injuries aren't good to bet on.  

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Evans

JJ redick

Favors

Noel

Ariza

Barton

Smart(RFA)

Bradley

KCP

Randle(RFA)

Exum(RFA)

Mario

Vanfleet(RFA)

Kyle Anderson(RFA)

Would be nice to think about that but due to FA spending two years ago we re two years away from having any significant salary cap space.  Unless we find a willing partner (prbably on another planet) to take the contracts of Biz ($17 million0, Fournier ($17 million) or Ross ($10 million).  LOL!

Our cap situation means we won't have much to spend. But, if we trade Vuc for 2nd round picks, I think we should consider Alex Len. He could be a player that outperforms his contract, kind of like Simmons.

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Our cap situation means we won't have much to spend. But, if we trade Vuc for 2nd round picks, I think we should consider Alex Len. He could be a player that outperforms his contract, kind of like Simmons.

Maybe we could trade Vuc to the Suns and he and EP can help them unintentionally tank together.

7 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Plus minus is a horrible stat to evaluate players. He is playing with bad starters against good or great starters. Very skewed to say the least. Granted he is not playing very good but please stop with the ep bashing for no apparent reason at all. Just to get your jollies off I guess. 

7 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I really feel bad about him. He might not get a decent contract after all. He is a nice kid but I just dont see him getting starting PG money and just a 1-2 year contract instead. He might get an offer in the 5-6 mills per year( Mack salary) for 1-2 years at most. There are 19 PG's available in this year mock drafts( first and second). I just dont think that there many teams willing to offer him a salary at all. 

He isn't a good player, but he'll continue to make millions playing a game for a living. There isn't really anything to feel bad about (Or I guess maybe your're saying you feel he's a bad player. I thought most of us already did). He's extremely lucky from where I'm sitting.

• Upvote 1