Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Interesting quote from AG regarding Isaac and possibly hinting at his future with the team. ``Hopefully Jon and I play together for a long time,’’ Gordon said. ``He’s going to progress and he’s going to be a really good pro.’’

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

Issac is out again...... I’m beginning to be concerned about his durability! I hope this summer he works hard on his body.

I think we’re just being hyper-cautious with him at this point

21 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

His play hasn't been as good this month, so maybe we'll be able to re-sign him. But I don't want to see him buried on the bench, getting 18 minutes per game. I'd rather see him leave and play big minutes for some other team.

I really don't care for ex playing for another teams. the only players i root for are the current ones in orlando's uniform. and it will always be like this. 

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

Interesting quote from AG regarding Isaac and possibly hinting at his future with the team. ``Hopefully Jon and I play together for a long time,’’ Gordon said. ``He’s going to progress and he’s going to be a really good pro.’’

if we get a potential star with a top 4 pick, along with gordon and isaac, it can lay a foundation for a playoffs team.

of course, until we trade them to okc for their scrubs and add a draft pick to sweeten the deal

15 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

I really don't care for ex playing for another teams. the only players i root for are the current ones in orlando's uniform. and it will always be like this. 

There are certain examples I would agree with you on like Shaq and Dwight, but someone like Jameer Nelson I kinda hoped would get a ring elsewhere since he was let go during our rebuild, or T-Mac as another example of a player I wanted to do well elsewhere unless he was playing us!

13 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

if we get a potential star with a top 4 pick, along with gordon and isaac, it can lay a foundation for a playoffs team.

of course, until we trade them to okc for their scrubs and add a draft pick to sweeten the deal

Gordon and Isaac are certainly an appealing duo at the forward spots if they continue to get better. The big question I have is if we do land a top four pick and let's say the first three picks are Ayton, Jackson and Doncic. Would we draft Bagley or Porter fourth overall, or would having Isaac and Gordon penciled in at SF and PF make us turn our attention towards Trae Young (PG) or Bamba (C) or Mikal Bridges (if he plays SG)? 

I think in that scenario it would be interesting to see how committed we really are to Isaac and Gordon if Bagley and Porter are there if we pick 4th overall. 

What are our predictions for our remaining games this season?

76ers, Suns, Nets, Bulls, @Hawks, @Knicks, Mavericks, Hornets, @Raptors, @Bucks, Wizards

I'll be honest I am not looking forward to us having six straight games against tanking opposition. On the one hand if all goes well we can pretty much have a top four odds tied up, but on the other a winning run could see us play ourselves into the 7th or 8th range depending on how other results go.

55 minutes ago, Mike1989 said:

76ers, Suns, Nets, Bulls, @Hawks, @Knicks, Mavericks, Hornets, @Raptors, @Bucks, Wizards

I'll be honest I am not looking forward to us having six straight games against tanking opposition. On the one hand if all goes well we can pretty much have a top four odds tied up, but on the other a winning run could see us play ourselves into the 7th or 8th range depending on how other results go.

We probably win about 3 more games to close out the season, maybe more. Don't see us winning less. We might steal one against one of the better teams that we play too, just because.

21 minutes ago, Odin said:

We probably win about 3 more games to close out the season, maybe more. Don't see us winning less. We might steal one against one of the better teams that we play too, just because.

If it will knock us out of a better pick of course we will steal that one game... because we are the Magic and that's what we do LOL

4 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

of those teams were probably only better than the sun's half the time :/ we really suck 

40 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

of those teams were probably only better than the sun's half the time :/ we really suck 

Truly said.  Almost every team looks like a playoff team against us.