Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

On his recent podcast Zach Lowe and Steve Clifford discussed how using the end of the season to develop young players by playing them 40 minutes so they can get numbers without actually playing good basketball is actually detrimental to their development. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

On his recent podcast Zach Lowe and Steve Clifford discussed how using the end of the season to develop young players by playing them 40 minutes so they can get numbers without actually playing good basketball is actually detrimental to their development. 

How about playing them 30+ minutes and actually use that time to teach  the right way to play. How many championships have Lowe and Clifford won?  Yeah I thought so. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

How about playing them 30+ minutes and actually use that time to teach  the right way to play. How many championships have Lowe and Clifford won?  Yeah I thought so. 

That's a pretty stupid argument you have there

16 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Thanks for that you have a good day also. 

I mean the "he didn't win a championship argument so he can't discuss basketball" argument is horrible and I can't believe it's being brought up in 2018

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean the "he didn't win a championship argument so he can't discuss basketball" argument is horrible and I can't believe it's being brought up in 2018

I never said he couldn’t discuss it. I’m saying just because they said it doesn’t make it true. 

16 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I never said he couldn’t discuss it. I’m saying just because they said it doesn’t make it true. 

Doesn’t make it untrue, either.  It basically has no relevance at all. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

What is hard to believe is that these two so called "analysts" think that if a team is playing young players 40 minute per game they are doing it to develop them.  Wrong!.  They may be doing it to tank!  They may  be doing it so their veterans who have minor injuries are not at risk to make that a major injury.  These teams have no reason to risk anything.   After the Cuban fine and the weasel Silver's letter/threat on tanking all honesty is gone.  What do they think teams would say and do.  Oh, and, by the way, Hezonja's growth, this year, by getting minutes, blows their argument out of the water.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Doesn’t make it untrue, either.  It basically has no relevance at all. 

Then neither does their opinion. Relevance is a perception based on that individuals opinion. So your opinion, my opinion, anybody’s opinion really have little or no relevance.