Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

They are different types of players, it was the intrigue and perception angle I was referring to.  

But jackson actually made 22 more threes than Vonleh, or barely over twice as many. Now he TOOK triple the amount of the 3’s as Vonleh, so there’s that I guess.  I thought we’ve already had an intervention about your  Modfacts4TW? Either way, arguing me over so few 3’s to begin with is silly.  Neither are likely going to be big time 3 threats in the league.  I like Jackson better than Vonleh, just not enough to take him where you think he’s going to go in this draft. 

Ah I must have looked at the wrong column.  No need to get snippy about it. 

Who's arguing? I'm just pointing out differences in your comparison.

I think he's going to be a big three point threat in the league.  He shot 45% on nba threes. 

I think it's highly unlikely he doesn't get drafted in the range I expect unless something medical or criminal pops up.  Finding skilled big men with defensive and shooting potential is rare and highly valued.  

14 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I haven’t done a good job explaining myself about him.  I think he is a really good player.  I would not take him over Bamba at all, Bamba has too many elite qualities.  I am split as to whether I would take him over Porter, dependent on workouts/etc...too much reward at #5 imo to not strongly consider Porter if he checks out.  At 6 I would begin seriously considering picking Jackson.  I think he has the tools to be a good player, but he will be a slow developing guy.  He did not improve this season.  He regressed when he got more attention.  That doesn’t mean he won’t turn  out great but it will take longer to see him through than other guys in his tier.  I personally think he should return to college and try to dominate lesser talent and be a top pick next year, which will earn him more long term money and likely less wasted rookie years on development, which will come with less pt.  He is not a plug and play talent.

Bamba- 12.9 ppg 10.5 rpg 3.6bpg 60% 2s 28% 3s 68%fts 30mpg 

Bamba per 40- 17.1ppg 14rpg 4.8bpg

Jackson- 10.9 ppg 5.8rpg 3.0 big 60% 2s 40% 3s 80% fts 21.8 mpg

Jackson per 40- 20ppg 10.6rpg 5.5 bpg

And Jackson's rebounding numbers are reduced significantly by playing on a Michigan state team that played an overly large lineup. Michigan state was 4th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage and lead the nation in opponent total rebound percentage.  

54 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Dedmon with a huge game to beat Utah on the road.

15 and 15, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 1 three pointer

Wow. That is impressive. 

38 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

It’s not a consensus.  But I can see reasons to take both.  

?4theWin gave us the stats which are pretty close.  One difference not in the stats is Bamba's 7'9" wingspan vs Jackson's 7'4"wingspan (I think?)  So Jackson has to stand on a 5 inch stool to reach where Bamba does.  lol!  I saw Nevada players as they drove to the lane definitely altering shots due to Bamba's presence.  But I think Jackson is more athletic, more agile.  One thing I did  notice about Bamba against Nevada is how hard he was working down low; was constantly in motion.  Both derserve consideration and analysis if we pick at 4.  Beauty will be in the eyes of the beholder in that instance.  

The Magic are playing the 76ers tomorrow night 3/22.  Philly play tonight, so they will be on a back-to-back. If the Magic play all 4 quarters the way they did last night in the 1st 3 quarters, we should win.

By the way, I already have the game thread starter ready to go. I hope you like it. Isaac's image will be featured in the main picture.

28 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

The Magic are playing the 76ers tomorrow night 3/22.  Philly play tonight, so they will be on a back-to-back. If the Magic play all 4 quarters the way they did last night in the 1st 3 quarters, we should win.

By the way, I already have the game thread starter ready to go. I hope you like it. Isaac's image will be featured in the main picture.

We shall see. Well done on the game threads. Always good work. It is appreciated by us all I'm sure! 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

:(