Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

You can rest your player who's had 3 concussions in 2 year and your starting 2/3 that has a knee sprain. Without playoff hopes, my main goal would be to get everyone healthy heading into the off season. 

I agree with you.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JJZFL said:

It was no accident that we traded every half decent veteran and hired an incompetent coach.  Sucking on purpose is tanking.  You may be one of the few people in the world who believes we weren't trying to tank for several years.

Then the problem is we didn’t tank hard enough. One top 3 pick over the years you referenced is absurd...we should have bottomed out completely 

6 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

He's never really been a bad word.  He's just a somewhat problematic player to build around long term.  He's been the Lakers best player over the past 15 games but he's still 6'9 and his success is almost exclusively built on bullying guys to the rim and using his strength to push defenders out of the way.  And he's not a good defender.  

So a PF with the game of a traditional center is a weird piece to build around as you need a particular center to play with him.  But a bully scorer playing in the time when many centers are getting lighter is an interesting piece to have.  I just don't know if he's a starter on a good team unless you're playing him with a shooter at 5. 

Randle is Zack Randolph essentially 

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

No argument.  I was talking in my above post about the first 3 years of Hennigan's tenure. We weren't trying to tank since then, but it turns out it's harder to "turn off" then people thought.

Regarding your point about winning games at the end of the season, what would you differently?  You can't tell the players or coaches to try to lose.

Wrong again. We didn’t walk away with enough talent because we didn’t bottom out, so we still pretty much sucked. 

51 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Randle is Zack Randolph essentially 

He is much more athletic than Randolph was..  though zbo was a heck of a player.

4 hours ago, magicblue said:

Then the problem is we didn’t tank hard enough. One top 3 pick over the years you referenced is absurd...we should have bottomed out completely 

That’s always the argument.  We should either be even worse than we were, or worse for a longer period of time. Don’t get a superstar after five years?   You need to tank for 10.  Win 22 games and don’t get the top pick?  You need to lose even more. The argument can never be fully disproven, because you can always be worse unless you go 0-82. 

Thats what the tanking argument comes down to.  The team is just never bad enough. 

7 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

That’s always the argument.  We should either be even worse than we were, or worse for a longer period of time. Don’t get a superstar after five years?   You need to tank for 10.  Win 22 games and don’t get the top pick?  You need to lose even more. The argument can never be fully disproven, because you can always be worse unless you go 0-82. 

Thats what the tanking argument comes down to.  The team is just never bad enough. 

Correct. If we had been worse for the first 3-4 years after Dwight left we would be much better off than we are now. That’s my exact argument

• Upvote 1