Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

It was no accident that we traded every half decent veteran and hired an incompetent coach.  Sucking on purpose is tanking.  You may be one of the few people in the world who believes we weren't trying to tank for several years.

Last year was a perfect example of NOT tanking.  Philly was tanking and we had a one game lead in losses when we played them head to head late in the year.  A loss and we have a real good chance of having a worse record at the end of the year thus a better draft position.  We won!  Philly ended up ahead of us by one spot!   This team has always said it would try to win games at the end of the season to develop a culture of winning.  We have always tried to develop our team at the end of the year when wins made no difference and even if it affected our draft position.  The sad thing is I see us doing the same thing this year when we play 7 lottery teams in a row winning our way out of a top 3 pick (If we do not lose to Brooklyn, helping Cleveland possibly obtain a better pick, that will be further proof).  If you fail to plan you are planning to fail!!

20 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

No he doesn't, most of his wingspan is in his chest, it's been well documented that he has t rex arms. 

By well documented do you mean a single SB nation article that uses no objective information aside from an incorrectly reported wing span? His length is not a concern at this point and is frankly splitting hairs to find some sort of fault. 

35 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yeah he'd be a good guy to call off your bench if your team isn't shooting particularly well for a spell in desperate spurts, it's hard to not have floor spacing at the 4 where stretch 4 has become the new norm

He does spread the floor pretty well, if you watch him he sets up beyond the elbow every time except in transition or fast breaks.  He just doesn’t shoot from there.  

1 minute ago, Murphy13 said:

He does spread the floor pretty well, if you watch him he sets up beyond the elbow every time except in transition or fast breaks.  He just doesn’t shoot from there.  

So does biyombo.  That's not floor spacing. 

1 minute ago, Murphy13 said:

Fair enough, I just don't see starter value in a 4 that can't shoot threes or be a great defender. 

11 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

By well documented do you mean a single SB nation article that uses no objective information aside from an incorrectly reported wing span? His length is not a concern at this point and is frankly splitting hairs to find some sort of fault. 

I was alive and well when the Julius scouting was hot and heavy, I don't need to retroactively research anything

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

So does biyombo.  That's not floor spacing. 

No he doesn’t, not similarly at least.  And yes it is.

8 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Fair enough, I just don't see starter value in a 4 that can't shoot threes or be a great defender. 

Fair enough, but there aren’t many starter quality 4’s in your estimation then though if you’re looking for both those qualities 

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I was alive and well when the Julius scouting was hot and heavy, I don't need to retroactively research anything

The point was that scouting didn’t adequately project him.