Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Following this logic for the few games left this season is not going to make us terrible for many more years. If we don't make some major changes we are already going to be terrible for many more years.

We totally suck regardless of who is playing and we don't have any players that can change that. We might just as well ride out the rest of the season with Vuc, get a good pick/grab a great player in the draft, then see what moves our FO make after their year of evaluation is over.

yeah Imo the front office hasn't even started cooking yet

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

There simply isn’t going to be a Shaq for us to draft very often.  Let’s move on from trying to do that again, to strategies that actually have a decent chance of working.  

So step up to the plate and be the GM for a minute. Taking the roster we have right now and the cap space we have, what strategy do YOU have that has a decent chance of working?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So step up to the plate and be the GM for a minute. Taking the roster we have right now and the cap space we have, what strategy do YOU have that has a decent chance of working?

I will

Trae Young

RJ Barrett

Jonathan Isaac

Aaron Gordon

Willie Dailey Stein/Dwayne Desmond

That's our 2019-2020 starting lineup

27 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I will

Trae Young

RJ Barrett

Jonathan Isaac

Aaron Gordon

Willie Dailey Stein/Dwayne Desmond

That's our 2019-2020 starting lineup

We're not going to be a bottom 5 team next year.  We wouldn't be a bottom 8 team this year without 172 games missed out of the rotation.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

So they finally make the playoffs after being a laughingstock for umpteen years and you seize on them to prove your point?  What about all the other teams in the playoffs?  And don’t forget Philly had considerable luck in the draft, which can’t be counted on.  Lots needs to go right for this strategy to avoid disaster, and even then you’re making your fan base suffer through years of futility. 

Amazing how far some people in this forum are willing to go to try and recreate the past.  There simply isn’t going to be a Shaq for us to draft very often.  Let’s move on from trying to do that again, to strategies that actually have a decent chance of working.  

How should I respond?

1.  I would not call  us a laughingstock but how much respect do you think we have and with what strategy?........Win at the end of a season and build a culture of winning....How is that working out?

2.  Philly is/was not lucky at all.   Tanked to increase their odds at getting a better pick knowing those odds were in their favor!  Took Embiid third as a risk but he was considered the #1 pick, got Simmons at #1--no luck there, traded for Fultz at #1--no luck just a great move, got Saric by taking advantage of us, signed Redick on a one year deal which has worked out well.  Not everything they have done .has worked (Noel and Okafor for example) but would you rather be them or us....I thought so!!!!!

3. Over 80% of the teams in the playoffs have one thing in common---at least one if not multiple picks in the draft selected at position #1, #2, or #3 (including Indiana who has our former #2 pick Oladipo) so part of any winning strategy is high draft picks......Now where have we picked?????????

4. I am not a proponent of tanking and wish that weasel Silver would really do something about it but since he won't and it does work this is a perfect year.  We have a decent roster and adding done really, really good player (someone in the top 3), along with Gordon and Isaac, could take us out of the lottery forever.  Winning anymore games  this year  does us NO good so at least give it a try.  Maybe we will be "LUCKY"  like Philly with our pick!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jjgator said:

No he didn't.

OK but only technically speaking......Michael Jordan was loyal and with the Bulls until he retired and came back as an owner only with Washington, only later to become an owner/player.  Statue is in Chicago because his loyalty as a player was with one team!!

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Bulls only lost 2 games the year Michael went out and Michael Jordan also played with Washington. The best thing Jordan did for his team mates brtter was demand gravity from the defense.  

LeBron James is a much better basketball player than Michael Jordan.

The goal of any basketball team is to win titles....Jordan is the better basketball player!!!  And the best thing Jordan did was know what it took to win--offense or defense-and made sure his team did that.  No one player has ever willed their team to win like he did and for as long as he did!!  

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

You might be the only person who dislikes Adam silver.  He's probably been the best commissioner

If you base that on renegotiating a TV contract to make the league more profitable I will give you that point, but as far as tackling thorny issues like tanking, resting players before the playoffs, free agency tampering he has said one thing and done another without appreciable results!

3 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

If you base that on renegotiating a TV contract to make the league more profitable I will give you that point, but as far as tackling thorny issues like tanking, resting players before the playoffs, free agency tampering he has said one thing and done another without appreciable results!

I think you're completely wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

you do realize that the commissioner doesn't make rule changes, right? Those are voted on by the owners in the offseason.  

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

We're not going to be a bottom 5 team next year.  We wouldn't be a bottom 8 team this year without 172 games missed out of the rotation.  

without Evan and vuc we would be :)

46 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

The goal of any basketball team is to win titles....Jordan is the better basketball player!!!  And the best thing Jordan did was know what it took to win--offense or defense-and made sure his team did that.  No one player has ever willed their team to win like he did and for as long as he did!!  

no one's won half as many titles against as INFERIOR opponents as Jordan 

• Downvote 2