Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

.....Don't get me wrong, I'm not Biz fan. I didn't want us to sign him in the first place. But they're likely paying him 17 million for the next two years unless they can find a taker for his contract. So we better get used to seeing him! 

The current management didn’t sign Biyombo and aren’t responsible for his contract with the Magic. I don’t really understand the idea that they’ll play the guy with the higher salary regardless of his impact on the team.  If we think Birch could be a positive for this team in the future, why not give him some minutes?  You’re going to pay both Biyombo and Birch no matter who gets the minutes.  Or play Biyombo and bench Vuch.  It doesn’t really make any difference to me.  

40 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

With our injured players out tonight we should (and better) out-tank the Kings tonight.

I'm starting to wonder if all the injuries we've been having are actually real. It seems like a couple of players get injured every day. The team obviously can't say it's tanking, but what are the odds we'd have this many short term injuries?

4 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I'm starting to wonder if all the injuries we've been having are actually real. It seems like a couple of players get injured every day. The team obviously can't say it's tanking, but what are the odds we'd have this many short term injuries?

Well all of the injuries were witnessed except Gordon.  But the way Randle was going at him I'm not surprised

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Our record in the 14 games prior to Vuch coming back was 6-8.  How’s our record since he’s been back?  2-5 or 2-6?  We weren’t winning with our starters before they were injured and we’re not winning with them since they returned.  Who’s to say who the lesser player is?   When the team is performing better with the younger and more energetic player in, and are also more fun to watch, explain to me again why no legitimate coach would give the younger player a chance?

14 games...that's not really conclusive. I wouldn't draw too much from that. 

1 hour ago, jjgator said:

yeah I've struggled with that doubt myself but one would understand the airing on the side of caution in terms of playing a guy hurt

5 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yeah I've struggled with that doubt myself but one would understand the airing on the side of caution in terms of playing a guy hurt

Yeah, there is no reason to play anyone unnecessarily considering where we are. I'm just wondering how many games some of our players would be missing if we were in say the 6-8 seed.

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

The current management didn’t sign Biyombo and aren’t responsible for his contract with the Magic. I don’t really understand the idea that they’ll pay the guy with the higher salary regardless of his impact on the team.  If we think Birch could be a positive for this team in the future, why not give him some minutes?  You’re going to pay both Biyombo and Birch no matter who gets the minutes.  Or play Biyombo and bench Vuch.  It doesn’t really make any difference to me.  

I still think it's funny that Weltman is getting paid because he was smart enough not to overpay on Biz and ownership was like "yeah we need a guy like that in here!"

day 1 free agency convo 2016 

Biz "Jeff...Jeff..."

Jeff "Yes Biz?"

Biz "You will pay me 17 million a year."

Jeff "Nope"

Biz "We will see..."

fast forward 1 year, Biz is all smiles

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I still think it's funny that Weltman is getting paid because he was smart enough not to overpay on Biz and ownership was like "yeah we need a guy like that in here!"

day 1 free agency convo 2016 

Biz "Jeff...Jeff..."

Jeff "Yes Biz?"

Biz "You will pay me 17 million a year."

Jeff "Nope"

Biz "We will see..."

fast forward 1 year, Biz is all smiles

They were limited in paying biz due to a hezonja like situation

2 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

14 games...that's not really conclusive. I wouldn't draw too much from that. 

Our record is absolutely terrible in the games Vuch has played this season (and all time for the Magic). Young guy(Birch) seems to be helping the team play better and you want to stick with the guy who has proven he can’t win for 6 years?   Not really understanding your point here.  

12 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Our record is absolutely terrible in the games Vuch has played this season (and all time for the Magic). Young guy(Birch) seems to be helping the team play better and you want to stick with the guy who has proven he can’t win for 6 years?   Not really understanding your point here.  

Actually at this point we should be giving Vuc all the minutes we can so we can discreetly tank.

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Actually at this point we should be giving Vuc all the minutes we can so we can discreetly tank.

#puremagic