Jump to content
?4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Magicman28    249
4 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

In this last year of the current lottery scenario If you end up with the worst record you have increased your odds dramatically at getting the #1 pick=25%, 8.8% at #5 for which we are tied.  Odds for #2 ,3, and 4 also impacted greatly by where you finish.  And 2nd round pick impacted by where we finish.  Jalen Brunson, PG at Villanova, on a mock draft, pikced at #31 if we have the worst record.  And, by the way, Cleveland, currently holds the #4 pick in front of us.  That's justice...Not!!!  All Stars, statistically, come from the #1, #2, and #3 picks by far. Tanking works, biased Boston guy dead wrong.  It does take some luck just like Boston and Philly received.  Time for us to get some of that luck.  Ayton and Doncic future All Stars and will both be gone after #2.  Real luck would be resigning Hezonja!

Boston didn't even get lucky. They were gift wrapped KG and then turned expired aging veterans for high draft picks for multiple years. IT was probably the only move they made that took some skill. Boston just took advantage of a inexperienced owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ibn Battuta    123
13 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Boston didn't even get lucky. They were gift wrapped KG and then turned expired aging veterans for high draft picks for multiple years. IT was probably the only move they made that took some skill. Boston just took advantage of a inexperienced owner.

the high draft picks is pure hindsight. You can't say Danny Ainge somehow knew that the Nets would be so bad for so long. They did get lucky. in 2014 they got like the 16th or 17th pick I think? then the Nets completely blew the team up and have been in rebuild mode ever since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Odin    93
15 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

We do have the full mle. It has nothing to do with that

 even if  we had no committed salary  we'd only be able to offer him a first year salary at 5.2 million ish. 

For a lot of teams, isn't the MLE basically the same as what we can offer? I know max will be around $8.5 million, but don't a lot of teams fall in the $5.2 million range? Who are the real players that can offer the MLE that is better than what we can offer him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,750
1 minute ago, Odin said:

For a lot of teams, isn't the MLE basically the same as what we can offer? I know max will be around $8.5 million, but don't a lot of teams fall in the $5.2 million range? Who are the real players that can offer the MLE that is better than what we can offer him?

Teams that aren't in the luxury tax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

the high draft picks is pure hindsight. You can't say Danny Ainge somehow knew that the Nets would be so bad for so long. They did get lucky. in 2014 they got like the 16th or 17th pick I think? then the Nets completely blew the team up and have been in rebuild mode ever since. 

You hit the nail on the head.  Pure luck!   Plus they get Horford by salary cap space created by the trade (pure luck not planned) plus they get KI this year (due to Nets draft pick-(pure luck not planned) plus another 1st round draft pick from #1 draft pick trade last year to Philly (due in 2019) (pure luck not planned)  And the Nets have proved how NOT having those high draft picks when you try to rebuild equals disaster.  Tanking not the only answer to rebuild but it is one of them, Philly and the Lakers prove that.    Anybody think Memphis is not tanking with 14 straight losses but NO fine from Silver.   Teams know the value of those high draft picks that Boston got lucky with. Silver does not have a clue.   But tanking is bad for the league overall.   I am all for reforming it,  AFTER THIS YEAR, when we tank and get, hopefully lucky,  and get the #1 or #2 pick.   Last year for the current setup so let's go get a good player by tanking!!  Jump on mine and Magicman 28's bandwagon!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

You hit the nail on the head.  Pure luck!   Plus they get Horford by salary cap space created by the trade (pure luck not planned) plus they get KI this year (due to Nets draft pick-(pure luck not planned) plus another 1st round draft pick from #1 draft pick trade last year to Philly (due in 2019) (pure luck not planned)  And the Nets have proved how NOT having those high draft picks when you try to rebuild equals disaster.  Tanking not the only answer to rebuild but it is one of them, Philly and the Lakers prove that.    Anybody think Memphis is not tanking with 14 straight losses but NO fine from Silver.   Teams know the value of those high draft picks that Boston got lucky with. Silver does not have a clue.   But tanking is bad for the league overall.   I am all for reforming it,  AFTER THIS YEAR, when we tank and get, hopefully lucky,  and get the #1 or #2 pick.   Last year for the current setup so let's go get a good player by tanking!!  Jump on mine and Magicman 28's bandwagon!!!

Already on board!!!  Hopefully Vogel keeps the rotations dumb as **** and it should be no problem 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ibn Battuta    123
49 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

You hit the nail on the head.  Pure luck!   Plus they get Horford by salary cap space created by the trade (pure luck not planned) plus they get KI this year (due to Nets draft pick-(pure luck not planned) plus another 1st round draft pick from #1 draft pick trade last year to Philly (due in 2019) (pure luck not planned)  And the Nets have proved how NOT having those high draft picks when you try to rebuild equals disaster.  Tanking not the only answer to rebuild but it is one of them, Philly and the Lakers prove that.    Anybody think Memphis is not tanking with 14 straight losses but NO fine from Silver.   Teams know the value of those high draft picks that Boston got lucky with. Silver does not have a clue.   But tanking is bad for the league overall.   I am all for reforming it,  AFTER THIS YEAR, when we tank and get, hopefully lucky,  and get the #1 or #2 pick.   Last year for the current setup so let's go get a good player by tanking!!  Jump on mine and Magicman 28's bandwagon!!!

I can sense the sarcasm. 

If the Nets don’t become one of the worst teams in the league the last few years then they don’t get Kyrie or Brown. They also don’t get the #1 pick last season which turned into Tatum plus another high pick. Do you not see how so many things had to go there way? In some other reality the Nets become a borderline playoff team and the Celtics end up with mid 1st round picks. They got very lucky, and you can’t bank on getting that good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Already on board!!!  Hopefully Vogel keeps the rotations dumb as **** and it should be no problem 

You da Man!! Wisdom is contagious!!!  I hope you are prophetic.  That is the best way for us to incrrease our odds to get a star player.  I like those odds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I can sense the sarcasm. 

If the Nets don’t become one of the worst teams in the league the last few years then they don’t get Kyrie or Brown. They also don’t get the #1 pick last season which turned into Tatum plus another high pick. Do you not see how so many things had to go there way? In some other reality the Nets become a borderline playoff team and the Celtics end up with mid 1st round picks. They got very lucky, and you can’t bank on getting that good luck. 

Sarcastic against the Boston guy who said statistically tanking does not work when his team is based on pure luck perpetuated by Boston raping a Russian Billionaire who owned NJ Nets and was clueless what he was doing'  So I discount anything that comes out of Boston on how to build a team.  I don't want luck I want the best odds and odds tell us having the 1st or 2nd worst record produces the best odds to get the #1 pick in the draft.  I want an All Star and pick 1, 2 or 3 produces the most All Stars.  The only way to get there this year is lose more than 6 or 7 other teams (no easy task since many of them have the same goal).  I am pretty confident adding Doncic or Ayton to this team takes us out of the lottery forever since I think we are a mid 30 win team without them.  I think that is well worth wishing and hoping management has this team tank.  I do not favor tanking but I am beginning to wonder if the NBA does.  A lot of news coverage of the NBA on tanking recently.  There is drama at the bottom of the league.... teams not making the playoffs but a race to the bottom, a fine to Cuban. a letter from Silver to the owners on tanking.  Silver may actually like this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicfan1987    214
45 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We don't have to tank,  just have Vuc play the whole game and let the layup drills procede. 

"what the hell ref? he was running so fast! call something!"

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×