Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

16 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Winning now would just ensure Vucevic and Fournier are still starters next year and we go through the same hell.

I wouldn't mind winning every game until the end of the season if it was with Isaac, Hezonja and Gordon as the main players

I agree but I want to add Birch on the equation. This is the time to put him out there so he can develop into a very much needed quality role player for use next year. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I agree but I want to add Birch on the equation. This is the time to put him out there so he can develop into a very much needed quality role player for use next year. 

Can’t cut into vuc or bizs minutes. They be starz 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Birch looked awesome when he got to play meaningful minutes. Wouldn't be surprised if he became our best Center

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Fascinating take from the recent MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference on tanking:

“I actually don’t think statistically that the process, as it’s defined to me, actually works,” Pagliuca said. “Because there just [aren’t] enough good odds to get the great player, so if you really bottom out, first of all, you have to get the pick. You have to win the lottery. Second of all, there has to be a great draft where there is a LeBron. Most drafts, the ninth player in one draft is as good as the best player in the next draft. So when you do all the odds, surely going in that direction, to me, is a bad strategy.” - Celtics Co-Owner Steve Pagliuca

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/03/tanking-the-process-views-from-the-2018-mit-sloan-sports-analytics-conference.html

It was an interesting read with Hinkle and Pagliuca voicing their opinions (the crowd agreeing with Hinkle) but I  do consider Pagliuca a hypocrite  with those comments.  If he would have said our plan was not tanking  in the draft but to take advantage of the dumbest Russian owner ever by trading away our best players (aged and at the end of their careers) gutting their roster for 3 future 1st round picks (a different way of tanking), and, by pure luck, getting #3 and then #1 draft picks two and four years later then I might believe him. Without those high draft picks (and the cap space it created) Celts are nowhere near where they are today.  They do not get KI this year without one of those high picks (Cleveland trade would not have happened without it).  I do not think they get Hayward without his old college coach being there.  I am also against tanking and think it is bad for the NBA.  Until the NBA really fixes it (no easy task) tanking will occur.  And for all those who think it does not work look at this year's All Star roster and examine where those players were drafted.  If I calculated corrrectly only 4 players were drafted out of the top 10 and and at least 10 were drafted 1, 2 or 3.  High draft picks do produce all stars (even Oladipo this year) so if we want a All Star the odds favor us tanking this year.  I like our current roster and we may be only one really good player away.  I hope we tank because I hope for a better team and I hope the FO does not screw this opportunity up.

5 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Nah. Just draft an all star. 

Jury is still out with Fultz but if he gets healthy I think he's an all star. Philly potentially would have 3 all stars and are ahead of us. They tanked.

6 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Fascinating take from the recent MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference on tanking:

“I actually don’t think statistically that the process, as it’s defined to me, actually works,” Pagliuca said. “Because there just [aren’t] enough good odds to get the great player, so if you really bottom out, first of all, you have to get the pick. You have to win the lottery. Second of all, there has to be a great draft where there is a LeBron. Most drafts, the ninth player in one draft is as good as the best player in the next draft. So when you do all the odds, surely going in that direction, to me, is a bad strategy.” - Celtics Co-Owner Steve Pagliuca

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/03/tanking-the-process-views-from-the-2018-mit-sloan-sports-analytics-conference.html

Very few agree that extreme tanking is the route to success.  Let’s work on making what we’ve got better, and at the same time give the fans something to enjoy. We’ve put our fans through some real misery in recent years, teams that no one should have to watch. I for one would enjoy seeing more of Birch, Gordon, Hezonja, and even Iwundu.  If that also leads to some wins then fantastic, something tangible to build on for next year. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Vaughn is out tonight.  

Ingram is out when we play them Wednesday

Who’s in instead?  Afflalo?

36 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Who’s in instead?  Afflalo?

Vaughn has a sore knee.  I'd imagine we just play iwundu more. Don't need to run an 11 man rotation

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Very few agree that extreme tanking is the route to success.  Let’s work on making what we’ve got better, and at the same time give the fans something to enjoy. We’ve put our fans through some real misery in recent years, teams that no one should have to watch. I for one would enjoy seeing more of Birch, Gordon, Hezonja, and even Iwundu.  If that also leads to some wins then fantastic, something tangible to build on for next year. 

Very few? That's why there's more than a few teams tanking?

And I'm not buying what he's saying. Boston raped NJ and without draft picks, they wouldn't be where they are today. 

28 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Very few? That's why there's more than a few teams tanking?

And I'm not buying what he's saying. Boston rapped NJ and without draft picks, they wouldn't be where they are today. 

no he's right. He said statistically. So many things have to happen your way to get those players, and the odds of all those things going you way are very slim. 

20 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

no he's right. He said statistically. So many things have to happen your way to get those players, and the odds of all those things going you way are very slim. 

There's a way to increase those odds.