Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

33 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Apparently there's new fines in place this year to prevent stuff like this.  

That should be interesting to watch to see if the weasel Silver will do anything! 

Like Booker is OK to win the 3 point contest, will he now play or have a hip pointer the rest of the year?   Lakers trade the roster to create cap space to sign two max players while being fined twice for tampering--Silver, in essence doe nothing!!!!   I think the key is  still to selectively lose, play the game so you do not look like you are tanking, develop our young players, play with different lineups and do not win our way out of a good draft pick.  I would love to see how we are going to play Gordon and Isaac on teh floor at the same time, maybe even with Hezonja.     Silver will have to fine a lot of teams if he chooses to go that route since it appears at least 9 (Add the Knicks to the lowest 8 teams) teams are vying for the first 6-7 positions.  The rest of this year will be a tankathon for the ages!!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Wow I didn't know about that. Are they substantial enough to stop teams from tanking for better picks?

MarK Cuban doesn’t seem to care. He flat out said that He is going to tank.

44 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

MarK Cuban doesn’t seem to care. He flat out said that He is going to tank.

Cuban is a very smart man.  Silver created this mess by allowing Philly and the Lakers to tank msultiple years.  Now he wants to fix it with fines!!  Good luck against Cuban.  I am betting on Cuban to win that battle!

53 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Cuban is a very smart man.  Silver created this mess by allowing Philly and the Lakers to tank msultiple years.  Now he wants to fix it with fines!!  Good luck against Cuban.  I am betting on Cuban to win that battle!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/cuban-to-mavericks-losing-is-the-best-option/ar-BBJnGZR?li=BBnbfcL

Vaughn is interesting, I like the pickup. He was a top 8 player nationally coming out of high school and is still just 21. He’s the kind of guy I like picking up this time of the year just to see if something sticks. 

30 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Vaughn is interesting, I like the pickup. He was a top 8 player nationally coming out of high school and is still just 21. He’s the kind of guy I like picking up this time of the year just to see if something sticks. 

Another UNLV guy so that makes me pretty happy! Hopefully he finds a way to stick around. 

4 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Thanks for the link.  Cuban has thought it through and understands what his team needs to compete in the future.  Because of the draft and the players in it his best option is losing.  Sound business ownership.  Too bad Silver does not understand this or do not have the guts to fix the problem.  Instead he gave the worst teams less of a chance to get a better pick when the draft is there to make a bad team competitive.  Thus far I have not seen much Silver has done to make this league better.  Reminds me of someone in charge and the position is over his head!!  Cuban even says the commish would not want to hear his team is tanking and he says it anyway.  Goading Silver because Cuban knows he wins this one hands down!

8 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Thanks for the link.  Cuban has thought it through and understands what his team needs to compete in the future.  Because of the draft and the players in it his best option is losing.  Sound business ownership.  Too bad Silver does not understand this or do not have the guts to fix the problem.  Instead he gave the worst teams less of a chance to get a better pick when the draft is there to make a bad team competitive.  Thus far I have not seen much Silver has done to make this league better.  Reminds me of someone in charge and the position is over his head!!  Cuban even says the commish would not want to hear his team is tanking and he says it anyway.  Goading Silver because Cuban knows he wins this one hands down!

It’s terrible for any professional sports league to have some teams openly acknowledge that they’re trying to lose.  No commissioner of any sport would tolerate that.  Even though I totally disagree with the notion that extreme tanking (Philadelphia) is the path to success, and even though this team is now suffering due to attempting a tanking strategy, I fully agree with the league plan to further incentivize winning by reducing the perceived benefit of losing. 

Unrelated:

I realized while watching the ASG that I am going to really miss watching LeBron play ball when he hangs it up in a few years.  Probably won't ever see another like him.  Then I started thinking how any smart team should currently be planning for that day to come and should be ready to offer him a blank check to coach their team the minute he retires.  Getting maybe the biggest basketball genius & best team leader to ever live is enough already.  But that would also be the most significant free agent draw possible -- players coming into the league now have idolized him their entire lives and would line up to play for him.   

Probably won't matter b/c knowing him, he has had a plan set in his mind for years regarding what he's going to do when he's done playing.

5 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Unrelated:

I realized while watching the ASG that I am going to really miss watching LeBron play ball when he hangs it up in a few years.  Probably won't ever see another like him.  Then I started thinking how any smart team should currently be planning for that day to come and should be ready to offer him a blank check to coach their team the minute he retires.  Getting maybe the biggest basketball genius & best team leader to ever live is enough already.  But that would also be the most significant free agent draw possible -- players coming into the league now have idolized him their entire lives and would line up to play for him.   

Probably won't matter b/c knowing him, he has had a plan set in his mind for years regarding what he's going to do when he's done playing.

Nah.  This doesn't typically work out as you'd think it would. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah.  This doesn't typically work out as you'd think it would. 

You don't think that LeBron would be an exception?