Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

And I assert again, we didn't tank and we should have fully and completely. We half-assed it and then management became impatient. That's why we are where we are. This conversation is like Groundhogs Day.

We had the worst record in the league from 2011 to 2014 and we didn’t tank.  Not sure what your definition of tanking is, but it appears to have exceptionally high standards.  Would we be tanking if we won even one game in a season?

17 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Because chances are we'll still be in purgatory. Unless Isaac is KD with defense and AG becomes Griffin.

And I don't like DJ as our long term starting PG.

But i'm saying chances are we'll still be in purgatory with everything plus ayton too.  

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

But i'm saying chances are we'll still be in purgatory with everything plus ayton too.  

We'd have another asset. The value of it is questionable but Ayton is probably more valuable than Bridges and Bridges.

Plus, not that biggest Ayton fan, but he could be better in the NBA.

I just don't know how we're going to improve without adding serious talent with a high draft pick.

51 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

And I don't like DJ as our long term starting PG.

I love DJ. He's quick, a good passer, a good 3 pt. shooter, and is very good at making and finishing layups over taller defenders. I have always liked Fournier. When it seemed like we were going to be blown out in a game, it was his scoring that brought us back from embarassment, even if we didn't win the game.

I also like Mack and Mario. At the beginning of the season there was lots of talk about getting rid of both of them. I agree with ?4thewin. We need to see what we have with the current roster. I see a lot of positives from what I can see in the games since post Elfrid Payton.  There have only been 4 games, and we have won 3 out of 4. We might  be pleasantly surprised barring injuries and if coach Vogel doesn't start messing up with the rotation.

Btw, Mack and Mario have shown us a lot! 

I'd rather we pick 6th instead of 4th if it means not watching Gordon shoot 35/20/62 for a month. Or maybe something simpler like seeing our lottery pick run the floor 10 times without spraining his ankle. 

I don't know how it works with contracts but since we have a slot open can we rotate some G league guys through so we can take a look at them?

5 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I love DJ. He's quick, a good passer, a good 3 pt. shooter, and is very good at making and finishing layups over taller defenders. I have always liked Fournier. When it seemed like we were going to be blown out in a game, it was his scoring that brought us back from embarassment, even if we didn't win the game.

I also like Mack and Mario. At the beginning of the season there was lots of talk about getting rid of both or them. I agree with ?4thewin. We need to see what we have with the current roster. I see a lot of positives from what I can see in the games since post Elfrid Payton.  There have only been 4 games, and we have won 3 out of 4. We might  be pleasantly surprised barring injuries and if coach Vogel doesn't starts messaging up with the rotation.

I agree with everything you said! I don't know how it works with contracts but can we also rotate some G league guys through and take a look at them with our vacant slot ?

15 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I just don't know how we're going to improve without adding serious talent with a high draft pick.

Wasn't Philly's Fultz the #1 draft pick last year? He has only played 4 games this season due to injury.

8 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I also like Mack and Mario. At the beginning of the season there was lots of talk about getting rid of both or them. I agree with ?4thewin. We need to see what we have with the current roster. I see a lot of positives from what I can see in the games since post Elfrid Payton.  There have only been 4 games, and we have won 3 out of 4. We might  be pleasantly surprised barring injuries and if coach Vogel doesn't starts messaging up with the rotation.

The sample size we've seen of DJ sure. All season long? Different story. There's a reason he's a journeyman. 

I feel like some Magic fans just are enamored with meh role players.

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Wasn't Philly's Fultz the #1 draft pick last year? He has only played 4 games this season due to injury.

Ben Simmons missed his entire rookie year. So did Blake Griffin. What's your point?

43 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

We had the worst record in the league from 2011 to 2014 and we didn’t tank.  Not sure what your definition of tanking is, but it appears to have exceptionally high standards.  Would we be tanking if we won even one game in a season?

I’m not sure why you’re having such a hard time wrapping your head around this. It’s not like we had the worst record each year and got knocked out of the top 3, in which case you’d be right. Yes we sucked over that span, but we should have completely bottomed out (aka “tanked”) to guarantee ourselves multiple top 3 picks over that span. Why is this so difficult for you to acknowledge considering a) it didn’t happen and we didn’t ensure ourselves top 3 picks and b) where we sit now as a result of NOT tanking? 

We need to figure out how much of vucevic's defensive issues are Payton related (maybe it had no impact but we need to find out). 

We need to figure out Fournier's true offensive impact.  Can his offense be replicated collectively by the other wings or does he really have a tangible impact?

We need to see additional growth of Gordon on the offensive end. 

We need to see Isaac actually play. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1