Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I mean what would you expect him to say? The team that drafted me can go screw itself? He's a FA. He's not going to burn any and all bridges.

What do you believe the team should do with Mario the rest of the year? Play him and risk him leaving us? Or sit him and let others get those minutes?

3 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Thanks.  I have always liked Mario's potential and hope that is right.  Wish we would have extended him in October.  Not sure he will develop like Redick but I see a similarity and same time frame.  Would love to see someone we do not give up on develop into  a contibuting player.

He will develop elsewhere. Nobody in their right mind thinks that Mario will be here next year. It just does not work that way, sorry guys. And more than likely Gordon will be gone to. 

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

What do you believe the team should do with Mario the rest of the year? Play him and risk him leaving us? Or sit him and let others get those minutes?

Play him because he's likely gone anyways. Sitting him isn't going to make a difference. It'll probably just piss him and his agent off which isn't a good look either.

3 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

He will develop elsewhere. Nobody in their right mind thinks that Mario will be here next year. It just does not work that way, sorry guys. And more than likely Gordon will be gone to. 

I prefer hope but the reality you describe is possible.  Only scenario I see Gordon not being here is us matching an offer and trading him back to the "offering" party.  I cannot see us just letting him walk for nothing.   Only 9 teams will have big money next summer, due to the summer of 2016 helping us.  It will be interesting, though!

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

I prefer hope but the reality you describe is possible.  Only scenario I see Gordon not being here is us matching an offer and trading him back to the "offering" party.  I cannot see us just letting him walk for nothing.   Only 9 teams will have big money next summer, due to the summer of 2016 helping us.  It will be interesting, though!

That's very likely. I don't feel AG is in their future plans. Whatever that plan might be.

13 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

If we match an offer we can't trade him to that team for a year.  

So I'm significantly more optimistic that we can keep Mario than i was previously based on: 

1. Figuring out we can offer him more than 1 year

2. Seeing Lou Williams extension, i might have completely misjudged the upcoming market 

3.  Or really 2b. Seeing teams struggle to move mid level contracts this trade deadline. More signs of market issues.  

4. "He can make more money overseas". No.  No he can't.  Alexey Shved is the highest paid player outside of the nba and he's paid 3 years 10.2 million.  Andre Blatche is making 2.5 million per year in China. Rudy Fernandez is making around 3 million euros per year.  5.2 million dollars is 4.2ish million euros. Mario would need to be the highest paid European player by quite a bit to get more money than we can offer.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

So I'm significantly more optimistic that we can keep Mario than i was previously based on: 

1. Figuring out we can offer him more than 1 year

2. Seeing Lou Williams extension, i might have completely misjudged the upcoming market 

3.  Or really 2b. Seeing teams struggle to move mid level contracts this trade deadline. More signs of market issues.  

4. "He can make more money overseas". No.  No he can't.  Alexey Shved is the highest paid player outside of the nba and he's paid 3 years 10.2 million.  Andre Blatche is making 2.5 million per year in China. Rudy Fernandez is making around 3 million euros per year.  5.2 million dollars is 4.2ish million euros. Mario would need to be the highest paid European player by quite a bit to get more money than we can offer.  

Good news!

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but there's no incentive to sign and trades anymore.  

Yeah but I'm starting to believe we rather not sign anyone to a big contract unless it's a franchise player.

19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If we match an offer we can't trade him to that team for a year.  

Thanks.  I was unaware of that fact.  Still think we will match even though we may be looking at an "Otto Porter" type scenario.  Gordon listed as the #7 free agent available next summer.  He is seeting himself up and someone is bound to make a big offer.  Should keep the site busy when that happens!