Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

You'd just be thrilled with 30 wins wouldn't you?

Damn. People just happy with mediocrity.

Here's what i want to happen 

I want Isaac and Gordon to come back and look really good.  I want us to go over .500 these last 29 games.  I want every loss to be a reasonable loss where we're in every game but some just don't go our way.  

I want us to draft someone that fits our plan and i want to have reasonable expectations of playoffs next year. 

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Here's what i want to happen 

I want Isaac and Gordon to come back and look really good.  I want us to go over .500 these last 29 games.  I want every loss to be a reasonable loss where we're in every game but some just don't go our way.  

I want us to draft someone that fits our plan and i want to have reasonable expectations of playoffs next year. 

Sounds great but sounds like a fairy tale. Fact is teams that turn it around make a sacrifice. We're afraid to make that sacrifice.

13 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

And while you're eating your one bite everyone else ate the rest of it.

Look around you man. Teams are turning it around then rebuilding then turning it around while we haven't moved an friggin inch.

Nah. There are teams in the West eating most of it and Boston and now maybe CLE again. Everybody else in the playoffs are just temporarily relevant. Their time in the sun.

Like in the movie Moneyball.

There are good teams and there are bad teams, and then there's fifty feet of crap, then there is us. If you play like the Yankees in here, you will lose to the Yankees out there.

The point is we can't turn things around overnight, so complaining doesn't do any good. Didn't GS take Curry with the 7th pick? And Dreymond Green in the 2nd round? Sounds like picks we have.

I have faith in the management because they have experience and past success in player evaluation, and bcz maybe longball or stretchball will eventually beat out smallball. Lol

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Sounds great but sounds like a fairy tale. Fact is teams that turn it around make a sacrifice. We're afraid to make that sacrifice.

You're the one who's been touting Isaac all year.  

21 minutes ago, RavenclawMagic said:

Nah. There are teams in the West eating most of it and Boston and now maybe CLE again. Everybody else in the playoffs are just temporarily relevant. Their time in the sun.

Like in the movie Moneyball.

There are good teams and there are bad teams, and then there's fifty feet of crap, then there is us. If you play like the Yankees in here, you will lose to the Yankees out there.

The point is we can't turn things around overnight, so complaining doesn't do any good. Didn't GS take Curry with the 7th pick? And Dreymond Green in the 2nd round? Sounds like picks we have.

Every team can be temporarily relevant. Smart management keeps you there a lot longer. Our management hasn't shown to be on par.

Theres no Curry's that'll be there at 7.

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

You're the one who's been touting Isaac all year.  

I like him but remember who my first choice was.

Hes gonna have to get back into game shape, etc. He's not going to come back and "look good". He's been out for quite a while. 

21 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Every team can be temporarily relevant. Smart management keeps you there a lot longer. Our management hasn't shown to be on par.

Theres no Curry's that'll be there at 7.

And I'm beyond complaining. If they think I'm going to sit here and accept another 5 years, nah. I'll make it known and I think everyone should as well.

I dont know who else was in that class. I love the Magic, thats my bball team, always will be. But in hindsight, since its 20/20, would Curry have been the no1 that everyone tanked for? Maybe. But know one knows for sure who the next great will be. It could be luck they become great. It could be environment. It could be the player that feels snubbed breaks himself out to be great, kind of like Simmons' drive to be great. So you dont know if we'll get the next great at 7 or wherever we land or not. Mgmt got a steal out of Simmons. Who is to say that wont happen again in offseason, draft and trade deadline next year and we're all of a sudden relevant again? Doesn't necessarily mean we have to wait another 5 years.

I believe in our management team and respect their decisions. Gotta remember they're climbing out of the hole that Henngian left us in. That will take some time.

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I believe in our management team and respect their decisions. Gotta remember they're climbing out of the hole that Henngian left us in. That will take some time.

It's not a believe or not believe thing.  Its a we weren't resigning Payton so we needed something.  

There was only one first rounder traded today.  Rodney hood didn't get a first. Tyreke Evans didn't get a first.  Mudiay didn't get a first.  

They got as much as they could for an asset.

6 minutes ago, RavenclawMagic said:

I dont know who else was in that class. I love the Magic, thats my bball team, always will be. But in hindsight, since its 20/20, would Curry have been the no1 that everyone tanked for? Maybe. But know one knows for sure who the next great will be. It could be luck they become great. It could be environment. It could be the player that feels snubbed breaks himself out to be great, kind of like Simmons' drive to be great. So you dont know if we'll get the next great at 7 or wherever we land or not. Mgmt got a steal out of Simmons. Who is to say that wont happen again in offseason, draft and trade deadline next year and we're all of a sudden relevant again? 5

Great speech man but sounds too storytelling to me. Like **** just drops out of the sky. I know nothing about that. Nothing about that at all. 

You have to position yourself in the draft. We're too afraid to do that.

Simmons was a nicw pickup. He's a 6th man. We need a star. You aren't going to get one the same way you got a 6th man and trade deadline? Please. What? Fournier is going to be worth more then? Vuch? Did you see what happened to Monroe? That'll be what happened to Vuch.

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

It's not a believe or not believe thing.  Its a we weren't resigning Payton so we needed something.  

There was only one first rounder traded today.  Rodney hood didn't get a first. Tyreke Evans didn't get a first.  Mudiay didn't get a first.  

They got as much as they could for an asset.

yeah I fully agree with you,  I'm just siding with our FO WHEN a lot of people have complained about their moves. They got another bite at the apple so to speak with this years draft,  I'm looking forward to scouting deeper now :)

8 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

You believe in a team that has admitted their errors in the draft and with Mario's option all in one half of a season?

The hole we got into was from above Henny.