Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Honestly, if we're looking to cut salary I'd be ok with trading Fournier and Payton for Lee and a second.  

I'd like to explore other options for Fournier but Lee fits what we want to do and cuts salary.  I wouldn't be super excited but i get it. 

7 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Why? We're faced with a deadline less than 5 hours from now of get something or just watch him go in the offseason because we've made up our minds that he's not in our future plans.  

You'll trade him for whatever you can get that doesn't harm your future plans and you'll like it. 

I think he's worth keeping around for cheap next year if we can swing it. I don't know if it's possible.

Just now, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I think he's worth keeping around for cheap next year if we can swing it. I don't know if it's possible.

there's been heavy implications by people in the know that we're moving on.  We might not even give him the qualifying offer to make him a RFA. Just we've seen enough and we'd like to explore other options. 

On 2/8/2018 at 10:42 AM, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Why bother? We need to give all the minutes we can to the PG we draft. Besides, by this time next year his hair will be bouncing off his chin.

Eh. I think we can keep him as well for cheap and try to trade him again next year if needed. 

I do, however, trade him for a late first rounder now. 

10 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

there's been heavy implications by people in the know that we're moving on.  We might not even give him the qualifying offer to make him a RFA. Just we've seen enough and we'd like to explore other options. 

I'm definitely fine with moving on but for chump change seems lazy.

6 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I'm definitely fine with moving on but for chump change seems lazy.

Right but I'm just saying if we're sitting there 5 minutes before the trade deadline and the only offer on the table is a second rounder we should take it. 

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

Right but I'm just saying if we're sitting there 5 minutes before the trade deadline and the only offer on the table is a second rounder we should take it. 

Disagree. We play him a ton of minutes and go for the top 3 pick and then say see ya in the summer.