Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Put on your big boy pants: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb72sxat

Given that Charlotte wants to clear salary long-term and that they have 50 centers, I think this might work for both teams.

I like it because it’s buying low on Monk. He’s buried on the bench atm. He did have one really good game earlier in the season. Worth it to see if it was a fluke or not. 

i really feel we should some how some way go hard after Isaiah Thomas. He doesn't belong on the cavs they need to trade him hes proven hes worth a solid chance. I take his ability to score all day even with the defensive liability at his position we can cover down with other good defenders if we piece it together properly.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomacco said:

i really feel we should some how some way go hard after Isaiah Thomas. He doesn't belong on the cavs they need to trade him hes proven hes worth a solid chance. I take his ability to score all day even with the defensive liability at his position we can cover down with other good defenders if we piece it together properly.

I'm staying completely away from Isaiah Thomas.  He's just bad now 

i dont agree that hes "just bad now" he is just bad on the cavs. he doesn't fit anything they got going on in Cleveland and they are literally hanging him out to dry on the defensive end. He is the player he was in Boston last year and he can be had for cheap. He is a franchise scorer for sure and to get someone that can put up the numbers he can we will be waiting along time for it to develop or have to pay a huge price. He is the best deal to be had in the entire nba for the cost right now.

Just now, Tomacco said:

i dont agree that hes "just bad now" he is just bad on the cavs. he doest fit anything they got going on in Cleveland and they are literally hanging him out to dry on the defensive end. He is the player he was in Boston last year and he can be had for cheap. He is a franchise scorer for sure and to get someone that can put up the numbers he can we will be waiting along time for it to develop or have to pay a huge price. He is the best deal to be hand in the entire nba for the cost right now.

No.  The player that was in Boston was pre hip injury.  He's not the same player at all.  

He's 5'8 and survived in the nba with his incredible quickness and ability to blow by a defender and using floaters before the help gets there. 

The last thing you want to do is build around a 29 year old player who's game is entirely predicated on something that declines significantly at 30. Especially after a major injury that can exacerbate that decline.  

Yeah I don't want IT. I never thought he was THAT good, I think Boston got the absolute best out of him with the roster they built around him and the style of play they played. Add in the injury, age and height I don't think he is that good an option going forward. 

8 minutes ago, Tomacco said:

i dont agree that hes "just bad now" he is just bad on the cavs. he doesn't fit anything they got going on in Cleveland and they are literally hanging him out to dry on the defensive end. He is the player he was in Boston last year and he can be had for cheap. He is a franchise scorer for sure and to get someone that can put up the numbers he can we will be waiting along time for it to develop or have to pay a huge price. He is the best deal to be had in the entire nba for the cost right now.

He is an expiring contract someone is going to offer him something he’s not worth and I wouldn’t want us to be in the position to think we need to match it. I’d rather take a young guy in the draft on a a rookie deal