Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Miller4Prez66 said:

I'm honestly not worried if Payton has limited value. If I'm GM I trade him for whatever asset(s) I could and just move forward knowing that I'm not interested in re-signing him at a higher salary. I'd rather trade him for pennies then just let him walk, I think it's in the best interest of the franchise to go in a different direction at the point. Payton isn't a horrible player, but his lack of consistent shot and his terrible PnR defense has hurt the team more than anything. I feel the pieces we have could benefit more from a change at the point.

A pack of gum and a top 59 protected pick does it for me!

I think something is happening tonight! I have a good sense. 

Management movements so far has been with the idea to save money. Well... Cleveland is coming to town. They will Deliver us by hand the BKl pick and drop whoever player they want us to take. 

That way we dont have to pay for their flight tickets. Saving mode. Genius.

12 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think something is happening tonight! I have a good sense. 

Management movements so far has been with the idea to save money. Well... Cleveland is coming to town. They will Deliver us by hand the BKl pick and drop whoever player they want us to take. 

That way we dont have to pay for their flight tickets. Saving mode. Genius.

We don't pay per ticket we pay per plane

5 hours ago, Miller4Prez66 said:

I'm honestly not worried if Payton has limited value. If I'm GM I trade him for whatever asset(s) I could and just move forward knowing that I'm not interested in re-signing him at a higher salary. I'd rather trade him for pennies then just let him walk, I think it's in the best interest of the franchise to go in a different direction at the point. Payton isn't a horrible player, but his lack of consistent shot and his terrible PnR defense has hurt the team more than anything. I feel the pieces we have could benefit more from a change at the point.

Agree with this. Is not about talent at this point. There is no quedtion that offensively he has improved drastically but his defense has regressed.  Now, it could be in part the fact that he has played with so many different coaching staff or it could just be mental. But he and the magic organization with this new management are in need of a change. 

Now, what I dont agree is that we necessarily need to get anything back from him. The worse thing can happen at this point is a desperate  move(muday). I rather let him go in free agency.  I will be hectatic if we can get any picks or another young talent back, but it is not truly necessary. 

And to be honest, i will not mind if we sign him on a similar contract as DJ to keep him as our backup PG. But we difinetely need a change in the PG position.

37 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That will be a slap in the face to Thomas. I feel for this guy. Giving up on him like that and also giving away an extremely valuable pick  looks bad.  If that ever happens, I dont think there is anyone offering Thomas max money. 

Also, I just dont see Kemba mixing well with Lebron and Love but Batum will be perfect fit there. 

9 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

That will be a slap in the face to Thomas. I feel for this guy. Giving up on him like that and also giving away an extremely valuable pick  looks bad.  If that ever happens, I dont think there is anyone offering Thomas max money. 

Also, I just dont see Kemba mixing well with Lebron and Love but Batum will be perfect fit there. 

LeBron likes Kemba so this might be to entice him to resigning.

I just wish we'd hear something insignificant with us. 

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

If I’m Cleveland, I think I’m taking that chance

But why will charlotte do this? Kemba is as valuable if not more as a 4-7 pick. 

Taking most likely the contracts of JR and kardashian is worse that keeping Batum. They still have marvin and MKG. Plus adding kardashian to the mix of Zeller, DH and Kaminsky is worthless and very expensive at the same time.

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

LeBron likes Kemba so this might be to entice him to resigning.

I just wish we'd hear something insignificant with us. 

Lebron also likes JR, Wade, shumpert, thompson, korver and Rose as well. And all are playing with him at the moment.

4 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Lebron also likes JR, Wade, shumpert, thompson, korver and Rose as well. And all are playing with him at the moment.

He's the GM