Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Let’s take a step back. In all those trades you mentioned the team with the all star was heavily compensated for it. AG by his lonesome isn’t going to net a similar package. Prepare to give up a FRP and other cost controlled players like Isaac too. 

No ****. AG isn't going to get it done simply on his contract. Of course you got to add fillers and a pick and if you're talking about Kawhi like or AD just for conversations sake, they can have the freaking pick. I'd try to pull an Ainge and Top 3 protect it but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

Who said ag straight up with no other compensation? 

Practically everyone on this board thinks AG can get you an all star. What, you think we can include Biyombo and we’re done?  

1 minute ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Practically everyone on this board thinks AG can get you an all star. What, you think we can include Biyombo and we’re done?  

No. They said they don't see the point in trading Gordon unless its for an all star.  Doesnt mean that's it

3 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

The thing is we don’t need to trade him at all. So if we don’t need to trade, why even consider sub par trades?

11 minutes ago, Odin said:

The thing is we don’t need to trade him at all. So if we don’t need to trade, why even consider sub par trades?

I think we should. Let some other team worry about his RFA. Also, once his salary shoots up (say we match an offer) it becomes tougher to trade him, and/or package with other players. RN we can package him and EP with Vucevic or Fournier and not worry about salaries coming back. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I think we should. Let some other team worry about his RFA. Also, once his salary shoots up (say we match an offer) it becomes tougher to trade him, and/or package with other players. RN we can package him and EP with Vucevic or Fournier and not worry about salaries coming back. 

Enjoy rooting for Sacramento kings east 

1 hour ago, Odin said:

The problem is that you are looking at the best players drafted in that range. What you need to be looking at is average return around a draft spot. So is Gordon equivalent to the average drafted player around that spot? If you think he is, than I really don't know what to say to you.

I was relatively clear in my post saying that it’s a risky move. But I was equally as clear in saying it’s a move I’d roll the dice on cause I don’t particualry think that highly of any player on our roster. 

Orlando would do this only if they are squeamish about paying Gordon something like $20 million per season. He might draw a giant offer sheet this summer. Orlando probably shouldn't be squeamish. Trade Gordon, and you have almost nothing beyond Jonathan Isaac to show for years of post-Dwight tanking. Gordon is really good. He will get better. Even at a big salary, he is worth more than the typical No. 6, 7, or 8 pick on a cost-controlled rookie-scale salary.

• Speaking of Orlando: Everyone but Gordon and Isaac is readily available, per sources around the league. Most expect Elfrid Payton, a free agent this summer, to be elsewhere by next season, and I'd agree.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22336760/zach-lowe-2018-nba-trade-deadline-preview-cavaliers-deandre-jordan-more

• Upvote 2

Damn, imagine how dumb we would feel if we didn’t pickup Mario’s option.............

Thats gonna sting for such a long time. 

I just imagine a world where we had Mario locked down. With AG and Issac all of the sudden our future doesn’t look so awful. Throw in say Young or whatever other top 5 pick and we have real hope. 

Young/Mario/AG/Issac 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I just imagine a world where we had Mario locked down. With AG and Issac all of the sudden our future doesn’t look so awful. Throw in say Young or whatever other top 5 pick and we have real hope. 

Young/Mario/AG/Issac 

I too imagine a world where our team isn’t run by incompetent idiots.

9 minutes ago, Odin said:

I too imagine a world where our team isn’t run by incompetent idiots.

I think thats just our thing. It's been that way since inception