Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

The point still stands. If I call you for your all star player and I say I’ll give you Gordon, you’re going to laugh and hang up. Why would you trade an all star player for a guy who a) has never made one, and b) is going to command a healthy salary next season. You’d be taking a huge risk and it could backfire spectacularly if Gordon never reaches all star level. Not to mention you could go to another team and probably get better value. 

So in your mind trading Gordon for Aldridge or Horford is a no brainer right? Because if we called about that deal pop and ainge would keep us on the phone for as long as it took to get it done

4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

why would you trade Blake Griffin for Tobias Harris and Avery Bradley?

To clear salary??? Do u realize how much he will be paid in the coming years, and how that absolutely affects their cap situation signing future players? Please don’t say “they should’ve let him walk” because they get NOTHING in return if they do that. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

So in your mind trading Gordon for Aldridge or Horford is a no brainer right?

That won’t even work because of salary. Not sure what you’re getting at here. 

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Odin said:

What do you guys think the 8th pick is worth? I mean you all have to be kidding me.

Jamal Crawford, DeSagana Diop, Chris Wilcox, T.J. Ford, Rafael Araujo, Channing Frye, Rudy Gay, Brandon Wright, Joe Alexander, Jordan Hill, Al-Farouq Aminu, Brandon Knight, Terrence Ross, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Nik Stauskas, Stanley Johnson, Marquise Chriss, Frank Nitilikina-

Those are the names of the players drafted 8th since 2000. So, at best you get a sixth man type player like Crawford or a good role player, like Ross or Frye.

This isn’t really a good metric to just look at players drafted at 8. I think you have to look at those taken in the 8-15 range. We aren’t just going to be chosing from 1 player, we will be picking 1 player but choosing from 5-7 players that are in that “range”. 

Donnavan Mitchell—13

Devin Booker—13

Giannis-15

McCollum—10

Kemba—9

Thompson—11

Leonard—15

In most drafts theirs a good player in that range it’s more “could we identify from the group” and select the right one?

No, probably not. But I wouldn’t be against tying. 

18 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

What exactly do you think sexton is going to be? I think his ceiling is probably jrue holiday.  

I was thinking more Kyle Lowry. Again, it’s any combination of 2 players in the top 8. I just used those as examples. Dealers choice. 

6 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

To clear salary??? Do u realize how much he will be paid in the coming years, and how that absolutely affects their cap situation signing future players? Please don’t say “they should’ve let him walk” because they get NOTHING in return if they do that. 

Doesn't matter why. Fact remains an all star is traded every year and rarely does an all star come back. 

Last year it was DMC. Here's what Sacramento got.

"the New Orleans Pelicans landed DeMarcus Cousins and Omri Casspi from the Sacramento Kings Sunday for Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway and a first and second round pick in 2017,'

DMC is an all star. Hield, Evans, and Galloway are not.

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Doesn't matter why. Fact remains an all star is traded every year and rarely does an all star come back. 

Last year it was DMC. Here's what Sacramento got.

"the New Orleans Pelicans landed DeMarcus Cousins and Omri Casspi from the Sacramento Kings Sunday for Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway and a first and second round pick in 2017,'

DMC is an all star. Hield, Evans, and Galloway are not.

Great! So are you ready to give up our FRP? Buddy was a rookie last season and on a cost controlled contract. Are you ready to trade Isaac, the next comparable? Galloway was probably salary relief, not sure what his hit was. 

How does AG, who’s about to hit RFA, fit into any of the above? 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I was thinking more Kyle Lowry. Again, it’s any combination of 2 players in the top 8. I just used those as examples. Dealers choice. 

I just think every year we get all excited because we value the upside of "player x" and those guys generally disappoint

I mean go back and look at how you looked at mudiay in 2015 (and i don't say that to be mean.  I've been completely wrong just as often) 

I just think we have a good bet with Gordon.  He's on the typical track.  We should see it through

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Jimmy Butler (2 years) and pick 16

For

Zach Lavine, Kris Dunn, and pick 7

Lavine is potential all star just with his scoring. 

Dunn is a sophomore and playing much better than last season. Pick 7 is LM. 

What’s the common theme here? Picks and cheap talent. AG is about to get expensive. 

Just now, Ibn Battuta said:

Lavine is potential all star just with his scoring. 

Dunn is a sophomore and playing much better than last season. Pick 7 is LM. 

What’s the common theme here? Picks and cheap talent. AG is about to get expensive. 

So lavine is a potential all star but Gordon isn't...