Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I would only trade AG for one of the Portland guards or a top 3 pick, breaking a personal rule because I'm very high on Young and Doncic. I wouldn't normally trade a known commodity for a pie in the sky

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Yup. 

If we're trading AG, it better be for an all star or a young player who's on his way plus a good pick.

I rather do AG for Jackson and their pick than anything Cleveland has to offer.

So let me get this straight. 

You think a fair deal for AG would be an all star in return AND a “good pick,” when AG hasn’t even been to a single one (nvm making an all nba team of any sort) or been in discussion for any other award??? Unless you have nudes of some GM this is highly unrealistic. If I’m a GM why would I give you an all star for a guy who has yet to even sniff the all star game? And the dunk contest doesn’t count. 

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Idk if I’m comfortable calling AG a “great pick”. It was a good pick and he’s a good player but I don’t see anything great about him or the pick. 

I know I’m in the minority but I would trade AG for the 8th pick. If we could come out of this draft with Ayton & Sexton or Doncic & Sexton (etc etc etc) that changes the entire outlook of this franchise. 

Im not against keeping AG long-term, but I’m not against rolling the dice in the draft either. I just feel like our timeline to actually be good again doesn’t necessarily fit with what AG is about to make. IMO this is another 3-5 year rebuild not just a minor facelift. 

Again, not saying I don’t want AG here but I wouldn’t be against trading him for that pick either. I could go either way. Gordon still has a ton of weaknesses I’m not convinced he ever becomes what a lot of you think he will be. 

Averaging 18 and 8 on the worst team in the nba really isn’t that amazing. So many times we see average players put up what look like solid numbers on terrible teams but then it doesn’t translate when they’re on good teams. Like Evan Turner in Philly. 

What exactly do you think sexton is going to be? I think his ceiling is probably jrue holiday.  

2 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

You think a fair deal for AG would be an all star in return AND a “good pick,” when AG hasn’t even been to a single one (nvm making an all nba team of any sort) or been in discussion for any other award??? Unless you have nudes of some GM this is highly unrealistic. If I’m a GM why would I give you an all star for a guy who has yet to even sniff the all star game? And the dunk contest doesn’t count. 

I think that was meant as an all star or young player on their way + pick

1 minute ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I think that was meant as an all star or young player on their way + pick

The point still stands. If I call you for your all star player and I say I’ll give you Gordon, you’re going to laugh and hang up. Why would you trade an all star player for a guy who a) has never made one, and b) is going to command a healthy salary next season. You’d be taking a huge risk and it could backfire spectacularly if Gordon never reaches all star level. Not to mention you could go to another team and probably get better value. 

6 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Read more carefully

1 minute ago, Ibn Battuta said:

The point still stands. If I call you for your all star player and I say I’ll give you Gordon, you’re going to laugh and hang up. Why would you trade an all star player for a guy who a) has never made one, and b) is going to command a healthy salary next season. You’d be taking a huge risk and it could backfire spectacularly if Gordon never reaches all star level. Not to mention you could go to another team and probably get better value. 

Why would you trade paul George for oladipo and sabonis? 

Just started watching the NBA? All stars are traded every year and its rare you see an all star come back in return. 

Yea. You want an all star for a guy that has never made one or even gotten close to one. Gotcha. 

Damn right. See what LA got for Blake? Any all stars there? Is Blake an all star? Go back and study history on NBA all stars and what they were traded for. 

14 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Why would you trade paul George for oladipo and sabonis? 

Paul George can walk this offseason and leave the Thunder with nothing. That’s a risk they took (and one the Pacers didn’t want to take). We don’t need to make that risk because we’re not even close to contending. 

3 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

why would you trade Blake Griffin for Tobias Harris and Avery Bradley?