Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

1.4 is quite negligible. lol

I'd rather bet on TT coming back to healthy form then BB learning a simple post move, or shooting a decent % from the stripe. 

Biyombo is shooting 82% from the line as a starter and post moves? You know we're talking about Tristan Thompson right? How do you think he scores? 

2 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

the actual trade suggestion was IT, Crowder, BKN pick for AG+EP. 

this was just a side discussion. 

I think it’s a bad trade. AG is only 22 with plenty of upside left and the work ethic to make it happen. If you’re concerned with salary issues, find ways to dump those players on our team that have limited ceilings but hefty salaries.

2 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I'm not sure the Cavs would go for that, and if they did I'm not convinced we get the Nets pick. If LeBron bolts do they want to build around EP and AG and give them long term contracts?

Unlikely. Would EP, Smith, AG, Love and TT make them think play offs? Doubtful even in the east unless they do like Oladipo and breakout on a new team. I think they'd want to retain that Nets pick and add another young player and possibly move Love for a pick and/or young talent to rebuild around. 

Would I trade IT and Crowder for EP and AG straight up? Probably not. Add the Cavs pick and it's still probably not. However if that Nets pick was included I would if I felt EP and AG are not part of the future. 

5 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

And that is an awful trade that is not even worth the brainpower to debate its lack of merits.

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think it’s a bad trade. AG is only 22 with plenty of upside left and the work ethic to make it happen. If you’re concerned with salary issues, find ways to dump those players on our team that have limited ceilings but hefty salaries.

But EP and AG both need extensions. So if we are moving on from them or thinking about it, then you trade them now, or wait and sign and trade. The issue with the latter is if they sign a deal with a team with lacklustre options to send your way it might not be a good return. So trading them now might be "safer" and result in a deal more to our liking. 

I do agree that they are still young and look what Oladipo is doing in Indy. But we are a losing team that needs to find its way and drastic changes could and probably should be made to make that happen after different coaches have failed to make any real headway.

I think Gordon is better than the 8th pick in the draft.  

If you look at what the 7-10 pick has provided recently its not good odds. If you look at 2006-2015 you get curry Noah derozan George Hayward Drummond mccollum and kemba.  Looks great!  But the other 32 guys are in the decent to unremarkable category.  

And i think we get caught up in the projections of guys like bamba, Carter, and sexton.  But i think we forget that we got caught up the same way with Rudy gay, Brandon Jennings, Harrison Barnes,  Corey brewer, biyombo, terrence ross, Payton, Julius Randle, Austin Rivers, trey Burke, Noah Vonleh, Ben  mclemore, jimmer, mudiay, and so on.  

6 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

If you look at what the 7-10 pick has provided recently its not good odds. If you look at 2006-2015 you get curry Noah derozan George Hayward Drummond mccollum and kemba.  Looks great!  But the other 32 guys are in the decent to unremarkable category.  

And i think we get caught up in the projections of guys like bamba, Carter, and sexton.  But i think we forget that we got caught up the same way with Rudy gay, Brandon Jennings, Harrison Barnes,  Corey brewer, biyombo, terrence ross, Payton, Julius Randle, Austin Rivers, trey Burke, Noah Vonleh, Ben  mclemore, jimmer, mudiay, and so on.  

Yup. 

If we're trading AG, it better be for an all star or a young player who's on his way plus a good pick.

I rather do AG for Jackson and their pick than anything Cleveland has to offer.

6 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Agreed AG has been a great pick at #4 why would we trade him for the #8 pick and roll the dice again?

I’d rather keep AG and go after a middle first round pick (someone like Utah) and then maybe try to move that pick on draft day to a team looking to trade down a few spots. 

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That's horrible. 

No deal.

I mean if you're looking at trading Fournier for cheaper Fournier i think its fine (because i don't think the market supports hood making more than like 4/48 and he's basically Fournier). Plus you could end up signing him for like 10/ year

But i don't think he really does anything differently for us.  I don't think he improves us.  

31 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

You know we're talking about Tristan Thompson right? How do you think he scores? 

the usual way?

KHLOE Kardashian has confirmed  she is pregnant with her first child with boyfriend and NBA star Tristan Thompson.

• Like 2