Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

that clips deal is not bad honestly. Right now that pick is #8; that's like the Sexton/Bamba/Bridges tier. Could go either way though tbh.

They probably don't want to do it because they have FA plans. Aside from Harris everyone else they took back was expiring I believe. 

Its the Cleveland 1st, not Brooklyn

2 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Its the Cleveland 1st, not Brooklyn

Oh I missed that. Yea there's not much incentive for clips to do that, unless cavs include Zizic and/or Osman (young talent).

6 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Oh I missed that. Yea there's not much incentive for clips to do that, unless cavs include Zizic and/or Osman (young talent).

Thompson and smith are like trading biyombo twice. For nothing but cap space you're looking at a mid round first for each of them.  For deandre you could probably get another mid first and a prospect.  

Would the 8th best lottery odds be worth that? 

7 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2018/02/04/cleveland-cavaliers-aaron-gordon-worth-brooklyn-nets-pick/

IT will probably walk after the season, so it's essentially Crowder and a late lottery pick.  This is about as bad as the proposed Phoenix trade.

That's a great trade for us. IT can come here and rehab and take all the shots he wants i.e. tank commander. Crowder is a cost controlled player. We then end up with a top 3 pick and like pick 7 or 8. Whoever ends up falling in the draft we can be right there to scoop him up. 

I'm not interested in signing Gordon and EP to deals when we already have so much salary committed to other players. You can't justify keeping either of them and still have a losing record next season. 

8 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

We’ve talked about him before. I’m a fan of his but only if we can resign him for a team friendly deal. At this point I’d rather have their pick though. They lost out of mirotic so maybe we can get them to make a deal for fournier 

7 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

That's a great trade for us. IT can come here and rehab and take all the shots he wants i.e. tank commander. Crowder is a cost controlled player. We then end up with a top 3 pick and like pick 7 or 8. Whoever ends up falling in the draft we can be right there to scoop him up. 

I'm not interested in signing Gordon and EP to deals when we already have so much salary committed to other players. You can't justify keeping either of them and still have a losing record next season. 

What's the point in having a cost controlled player that's bad? 

If you're that worried about future contracts trade Fournier and the okc pick to Dallas for nerlens

17 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Thompson and smith are like trading biyombo twice. For nothing but cap space you're looking at a mid round first for each of them.  For deandre you could probably get another mid first and a prospect.  

Would the 8th best lottery odds be worth that? 

Thing is Thompson is still better than Biyombo. If Biyombo is being paid more than him, and he's a backup, that makes TT look much better who is being payed less and can actually start for a team (he did start for a championship team).

Smith however has fallen off a cliff and he is reaching unplayable territory. 

Just now, WarDamnMagic said:

We’ve talked about him before. I’m a fan of his but only if we can resign him for a team friendly deal. At this point I’d rather have their pick though. They lost out of mirotic so maybe we can get them to make a deal for fournier 

I thought Rodney hood had length and played good defense.  

I font watch much Utah.  Upon researching him he's got neither.  Not sure he's a fit

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

What's the point in having a cost controlled player that's bad? 

If you're that worried about future contracts trade Fournier and the okc pick to Dallas for nerlens

How is trading like that a better return? We're essentially paying to get rid of him. Also Fournier is not killing us salary wise; He is paid fairly close to his actual value. 

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

I thought Rodney hood had length and played good defense.  

I font watch much Utah.  Upon researching him he's got neither.  Not sure he's a fit

Yeah I’d rather have their pick. Utah really wanted mirotic though and their fan pages rave about how fournier could help them. I’m thinking there’s something we can do there

1 minute ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Thing is Thompson is still better than Biyombo. If Biyombo is being paid more than him, and he's a backup, that makes TT look much better who is being payed less and can actually start for a team (he did start for a championship team).

Smith however has fallen off a cliff and he is reach unplayable territory. 

No.  No Thompson isn't better than biyombo.  He was until his body broke down as a result of missing only 4 games in the previous 5 seasons that included 3 consecutive deep playoff runs.  

Thompson makes more than biyombo. 

I wouldn't trade biyombo for Thompson

• Like 1