Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, Picagus6Uruguay said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Me encantaria ese trade. Beverley,doncic,isaac,gordon y deandre por 1 año al menos jejej no me desagrada ese equipo con dj,ross,simmons,birch saliendo de la banca

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaqgecqf

Is this what you intended to post? Adding Doncic as our pick?

I like it but I will try to add Cleveland as a third team and send Jordan there for some unwanted contracts and their first pick. Heck, we can add Mario to sweet the deal. 

Something like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycupmdrm

Remember we are getting Cleveland First round pick. LA gets 2 second rounders from us. 

We can select Ayton and Doncic/Young/Sexton. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2018/02/03/suns-make-offer-aaron-gordon/

The best two first rounders would probably be mid 1st rounders in 2018 belonging to Miami and Milwaukee.

If that's the kind of offers we can expect, AG isn't going anywhere.

Hell is wrong with people? That's a terrible offer. 

6 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I like it but I will try to add Cleveland as a third team and send Jordan there for Expiring contracts and their first pick. Heck, we can add Mario to sweet the deal. 

Si ese era el trade que yo recomendaba. Estaria muy bueno poder conseguir el pick de cavs y ahi iria diferente un young,ross,isaac,gordon y ayton

9 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Was those stats for the year, month, career?

Not doing a good job at it? He's one of the worse at it.

The season. Over their careers Payton has better combined metrics such as DWS, DPM, and value over replacement than Gordon.  As I've said many times in the past I find specific advanced stats dubious though.  It's good for getting a baseline to build on, that is all.  For Gordon, his durability will depreciate his value (to an extent) in advanced stats over long periods of time just by nature of having a smaller window to collect stats I believe.  Bottom line is neither player is an advanced stats darling, most likely due to the terrible team they play for.  

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

If curry was on the magic and hypothetically we had the same record he would have more defensive win shares than Payton because he has more defensive rebounds than Payton.  Because that's what defensive win shares measures.  Defensive rebounds, steals, and blocks plus time with a bias towards defensive rebounds because there's more of them. 

That's why  enes kanter is second on the Knicks in defensive win shares.  He gets a lot of defensive rebounds despite being a terrible defender

You don't think that's a measure of available defensive rebounds? GS ranks #1 in defensive rebounds (we're 26th).  Few people probably think Curry is a better rebounder than Payton.

12 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

You don't think that's a measure of available defensive rebounds? GS ranks #1 in defensive rebounds (we're 26th).  Few people probably think Curry is a better rebounder than Payton.

I just said he has more defensive rebounds.  I didn't make a qualitative assessment of his defensive rebounds.  

33 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

The season. Over their careers Payton has better combined metrics such as DWS, DPM, and value over replacement than Gordon.  As I've said many times in the past I find specific advanced stats dubious though.  It's good for getting a baseline to build on, that is all.  For Gordon, his durability will depreciate his value (to an extent) in advanced stats over long periods of time just by nature of having a smaller window to collect stats I believe.  Bottom line is neither player is an advanced stats darling, most likely due to the terrible team they play for.  

What was last seasons? And I mean every defensive category as well.

34 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I just said he has more defensive rebounds.  I didn't make a qualitative assessment of his defensive rebounds.  

Then where is the point in your comment?

4 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Then where is the point in your comment?

More defensive rebounds = higher defensive win shares if everything else is the same 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I like it but I will try to add Cleveland as a third team and send Jordan there for some unwanted contracts and their first pick. Heck, we can add Mario to sweet the deal. 

Something like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycupmdrm

Remember we are getting Cleveland First round pick. LA gets 2 second rounders from us. 

We can select Ayton and Doncic/Young/Sexton. 

This would be ideal for us don’t know if LA would do it though knowing we get the Brooklyn pick. I feel like they could accomplish the deal without us and give them Jordan and Lou Williams for the pick + filler

22 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

What was last seasons? And I mean every defensive category as well.

What does every defensive category mean, can you be specific? In DWS they were the same last year.  They are basically the same in DWS overall, both have trended worse but are rather consistent.  AG's most efficient year was his second, and has tailed off and EP's is this year, with overall steady improvement when you bring overall WS into the plane.  DPM shows similar players as well, but with the same trends.  Nothing significant either way.  If you want to ask about a specific stat I can look it up.  I think by this point it's established that EP isn't a good PnR defender, at least on our team.  

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

More defensive rebounds = higher defensive win shares if everything else is the same 

So if he was on our team there would be more rebounds for him to grab and therefore he'd have a higher DWS? I'm not sure that's how it works.  Especially since it would be a stretch to say that Curry would get more rebounds than EP on any team.