Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Eh. I don't think that's why. I think they have concerns about AG and Isaac. I feel they may envision him as a 4 who can slide to the 3 or 5 at times and maybe they're better off getting a stud at the 3.

My issue is if they had this concern then why not just draft DSJ? 

18 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

There were a lot of us that saw something in him but were annoyed by his lack of "skills" including dribbling, shooting, and making layups. I think early Dipo and current Gordon are more similar than they are different. 

Nah not similar. Problem Dipo had was shooting and finishing. Shooting usually gets better. He had good form just needed to put more arch on it and he wasn't finishing because he lacked strength to finish. I said at the time he needed to get stronger and better conditioned. Take a look at his before and after picture last summer and he did exactly that.

I always thought he could be a first option because his ball handling, his ability to create space and create for others was there. 

I do not see the same advance ball handling and footwork with the ball in AG. I don't feel as confident he'll ever be a first option player such as Dipo has become. 

9 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

My issue is if they had this concern then why not just draft DSJ? 

Maybe Isaac's potential was too much to pass up. Knock on DSJ is his defense. Isaac could be quite the two way player. 

Why do they have concerns with AG and Isaac together going forward? If they are thinking Isaac will be better suited defensively against 4s because of his superior rim protection and help defense then just play him on the 4s on D, Gordon has shown that he definitely has the ability to guard 3s full time (last season he did great against Melo, Kwahi, some others I can't think of and even Harden for parts). On offense who cares who the '3' is and who the '4' is, they can both definitely co-exist if they are our 2 highest potential players. It's not like we have a great roster where we have a lock with 'x' interior players and 'y' perimeter players and there's only room for one, our roster is garbage and they can just work the other 3 starter roles based on that. I don't see how that is an issue at all, especially how we tried to cater a whole team around someone with significantly less ability and potential.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Maybe Isaac's potential was too much to pass up. Knock on DSJ is his defense. Isaac could be quite the two way player. 

Maybe. But Issac hasn’t been able to play big minutes at the college or NBA level. 

31 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Why do they have concerns with AG and Isaac together going forward? If they are thinking Isaac will be better suited defensively against 4s because of his superior rim protection and help defense then just play him on the 4s on D, Gordon has shown that he definitely has the ability to guard 3s full time (last season he did great against Melo, Kwahi, some others I can't think of and even Harden for parts). On offense who cares who the '3' is and who the '4' is, they can both definitely co-exist if they are our 2 highest potential players. It's not like we have a great roster where we have a lock with 'x' interior players and 'y' perimeter players and there's only room for one, our roster is garbage and they can just work the other 3 starter roles based on that. I don't see how that is an issue at all, especially how we tried to cater a whole team around someone with significantly less ability and potential.

I'm just speculating on one variable.

I think the reason for listening to offers for AG consist of many variables. Low ball offers from players we really want to trade. He'll demand the max. What if we can get a young stud and plug JI as our 4 and groom him in a AD mold. AG hasn't show to be numero uno as he's forcing things and hasn't been putting near the defensive effort when we really needed it. I'm sure there's other variables I'm missing at the moment.

A decision like this has had many of its variables examined. In the end, I don't think they'll end up trading him. I don't think a team will give them what they want and I think they want a all star in return or one that's damn near close to being one.

26 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Maybe. But Issac hasn’t been able to play big minutes at the college or NBA level. 

His body is so immature granted he had a big growth spurt and may have a pituitary problem as they say he is still getting taller. This may be the real reason they shut him down. I think he maybe two or three years away from being physically able to play 30 minutes consistently. 

30 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Think that's why he's been out. They are working on his strength and conditioning.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I'm just speculating on one variable.

I think the reason for listening to offers for AG consist of many variables. Low ball offers from players we really want to trade. He'll demand the max. What if we can get a young stud and plug JI as our 4 and groom him in a AD mold. AG hasn't show to be numero uno as he's forcing things and hasn't been putting near the defensive effort when we really needed it. I'm sure there's other variables I'm missing at the moment.

A decision like this has had many of its variables examined. In the end, I don't think they'll end up trading him. I don't think a team will give them what they want.

But for me, I just don't see the issue with AG fitting if they wanted Isaac to eventually play an AD type role.  If anything, AG was playing his best defense last season against 3s more than 4s (that's how I remember it anyway). 

8 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

His body is so immature granted he had a big growth spurt and may have a pituitary problem as they say he is still getting taller. This may be the real reason they shut him down. I think he maybe two or three years away from being physically able to play 30 minutes consistently. 

Nah not that long. On the strengthen side, takes about a good 2-3 months to see results then there's a slight adjustment time needed to play with new strength.

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Boss said:

But for me, I just don't see the issue with AG fitting if they wanted Isaac to eventually play an AD type role.  If anything, AG was playing his best defense last season against 3s more than 4s (that's how I remember it anyway). 

He was but he has regressed which is normal for someone who's trying work on one thing. Other thing gets ignored sometimes.

Again, not a one reason decision. Many variables and I don't think he'll end up being traded.

13 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Think that's why he's been out. They are working on his strength and conditioning.

This is what I thought too but I’ve read multiple “reports” that he’s truly not even able to run yet. Idk what to believe.