Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

How does a trade conversation turn into that though? Don't think I buy that as a reason.

umm the teams willing to trade for him are the teams willing to offer him the max obviously

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

What do you think about Shabazz? 

Biyombo has 4x shabazz's assists this year.  

I don't think he's good enough on offense to overcome that flaw

2 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Oladipo showed more upside from the beginning though.  Oladipo's progression has not been unexpected.  AG was always an uber athlete with little in the way of skillset.  To put it into perspective Randle (same draft year comparison) has been producing equitably (with better defense) to AG this year overall with 33% less playing time.  Now that he's playing more, he is playing wholly better than AG in a more efficient manner.  Whoever said Randle is a stat padder needs to refresh their definition of the word...AG has been a stat padder.  The local LA guys think Randle is the reason for their improved play over their past 10-15 games.  I don't care about Randle anymore, he is just an example because most here would agree that he shouldn't be considered for a max contract but he has shown more improvement and does more than AG does already.  

Oladipo did not show more upside from the beginning. If you want to say Oladipo was somewhat more skilled, fine- but look back to how people were reacting to Oladipo dribbling the ball his rookie year- people saw him as very raw.

Gordon also came into the league after his freshman year at 19. Oladipo was 21. Gordon at 22 is much further than Oladipo at 22.

And can we dispel with this weird conceit that Gordon is an unskilled player? It has never really been true and is definitely not true now.

Also, yes Gordon’s play has been disappointing as of late, but there is definitely the talent and drive there for him to be great.

6 minutes ago, Odin said:

Oladipo did not show more upside from the beginning. If you want to say Oladipo was somewhat more skilled, fine- but look back to how people were reacting to Oladipo dribbling the ball his rookie year- people saw him as very raw.

Gordon also came into the league after his freshman year at 19. Oladipo was 21. Gordon at 22 is much further than Oladipo at 22.

And can we dispel with this weird conceit that Gordon is an unskilled player? It has never really been true and is definitely not true now.

Also, yes Gordon’s play has been disappointing as of late, but there is definitely the talent and drive there for him to be great.

Dipo is more skilled with the ball. AG has skills of course but his offense is still a little rough when he has the ball. 

27 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

umm the teams willing to trade for him are the teams willing to offer him the max obviously

Eh. I don't think that's why. I think they have concerns about AG and Isaac. I feel they may envision him as a 4 who can slide to the 3 or 5 at times and maybe they're better off getting a stud at the 3.

15 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Dipo is more skilled with the ball. AG has skills of course but his offense is still a little rough when he has the ball. 

But Dipo wasn't very skilled with the ball hence why he played a large PG roll to develop those skills. That's all he is saying. 

45 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

But Dipo wasn't very skilled with the ball hence why he played a large PG roll to develop those skills. That's all he is saying. 

Yeah but even still, I saw something there to where it was natural for Dipo. Doesn't look natural with AG. Never has. He has moments but not like Dipo.

I still say he should model his game after Griffin/Marion. A hybrid of those two. Quit trying to be Tmac or GHill. But that's just my opinion. Maybe he does become more natural at it.

10 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah but even still, I saw something there to where it was natural for Dipo. Doesn't look natural with AG. Never has. He has moments but not like Dipo.

I still say he should model his game after Griffin/Marion. A hybrid of those two. Quit trying to be Tmac or GHill. But that's just my opinion. Maybe he does become more natural at it.

Yeah, I remember hearing almost the exact same thing about Oladipo his rookie and sophomore years.

58 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Not from me.

There were a lot of us that saw something in him but were annoyed by his lack of "skills" including dribbling, shooting, and making layups. I think early Dipo and current Gordon are more similar than they are different.