Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Agree with all but EP. Cutting his hair thing is getting old. His defense is horrible not because of hair.

His defense has been 'horrible' as long as AG's has been declining.  The view of AG here has become very unbalanced.

2 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

His defense has been 'horrible' as long as AG's has been declining.  The view of AG here has become very unbalanced.

Shocking deflection of Payton criticism by Murphy

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Weren't you the one misinterpreting the PnR stats that show Payton as, like, less disruptive than a stationary traffic cone?

AG is a freak athlete with an expanding offensive game who is at best a lockdown defender and at worst a somewhat above average one.  To paint him, at 22, as being objectively not worth the max is just ignorant.  To do so after we have just watched Oladipo make the leap is insanity.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

Weren't you the one misinterpreting the PnR stats that show Payton as, like, less disruptive than a stationary traffic cone?

Greg Popovich could show up on the halftime show and diagram 12  Payton plays where he played terrible defense and Murphy would exclaim that he cherry picked the 12 plays and he's actually a fine defender

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

His defensive effort has been questioned by his own coachES.

1 minute ago, Odin said:

But he potentially is- that is what you are paying for.

Just like Oladipo wasn’t worth his contract last year, but is probably more than worth it this year.

Oladipo showed more upside from the beginning though.  Oladipo's progression has not been unexpected.  AG was always an uber athlete with little in the way of skillset.  To put it into perspective Randle (same draft year comparison) has been producing equitably (with better defense) to AG this year overall with 33% less playing time.  Now that he's playing more, he is playing wholly better than AG in a more efficient manner.  Whoever said Randle is a stat padder needs to refresh their definition of the word...AG has been a stat padder.  The local LA guys think Randle is the reason for their improved play over their past 10-15 games.  I don't care about Randle anymore, he is just an example because most here would agree that he shouldn't be considered for a max contract but he has shown more improvement and does more than AG does already.  

12 minutes ago, ML6 said:

No. I pointed out how skewed the data was and that by its own definition our best PnR players are at best average in low usage situations.  That exemplifies a team PnR disorder, only reasonable that Payton takes a large part of the blame since he's the highest minute position at the most high leverage position. 

4 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

No. I pointed out how skewed the data was and that by its own definition our best PnR players are at best average in low usage situations.  That exemplifies a team PnR disorder, only reasonable that Payton takes a large part of the blame since he's the highest minute position at the most high leverage position. 

Nothing you said here makes any sense

7 minutes ago, ML6 said:

AG is a freak athlete with an expanding offensive game who is at best a lockdown defender and at worst a somewhat above average one.  To paint him, at 22, as being objectively not worth the max is just ignorant.  To do so after we have just watched Oladipo make the leap is insanity.

He is not a lockdown defender,  he is a good defender with plenty of defensive breakdowns evident by his middling defensive metrics and his offensive efficiency is decreasing from a point that wasn't great to begin with.  I'd like him moving forward but if we can use him to diversify assets I would do it, just like I'd do with anyone else on the team except Isaac at this point.  

4 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

He is not a lockdown defender,  he is a good defender with plenty of defensive breakdowns evident by his middling defensive metrics and his offensive efficiency is decreasing from a point that wasn't great to begin with.  I'd like him moving forward but if we can use him to diversify assets I would do it, just like I'd do with anyone else on the team except Isaac at this point.  

Oh OK got it.  So Gordon doesn't meet your personal (incorrect) criteria, but the guy who has played 1/4 of one NBA season with a concerningly lingering injury does.