Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I think it's legit. I think our front office guys want as close to a full rebuild as possible. 

Wouldn’t make any sense. AG fits literally any rebuild timeline; he’s 22.  What is the goal of rebuilding? Isn’t it to acquire young, high upside players? And what is AG? It just doesn’t add up. 

10 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I think it's legit. I think our front office guys want as close to a full rebuild as possible. 

Wouldn’t make any sense. AG fits literally any rebuild timeline; he’s 22.  What is the goal of rebuilding? Isn’t it to acquire young, high upside players? And what is AG? It just doesn’t add up. 

27 minutes ago, ML6 said:

True, if he weren’t an impending free agent about to demand the max on a team hampered with awful contracts. I love Gordon, I hope he’s a Magic player for a long long time, but I think they’re listening to offers only because if we max him long-term and can’t unload anybody else, we have zero flexibility with the cap 

13 minutes ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

True, if he weren’t an impending free agent about to demand the max on a team hampered with awful contracts. I love Gordon, I hope he’s a Magic player for a long long time, but I think they’re listening to offers only because if we max him long-term and can’t unload anybody else, we have zero flexibility with the cap 

You don’t justify losing your best player with a high ceiling because the rest of your contracts are bad.  You do your job as a GM and get out from under those bad contracts, not the opposite. 

If a restaurant had one amazing dish that kept people coming in and a bunch of ****ty ones that no one ate, it would be self-defeating to stop serving the good dish. They would benefit more from improving the rest of the menu, wouldn’t they? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

You don’t justify losing your best player with a high ceiling because the rest of your contracts are bad.  You do your job as a GM and get out from under those bad contracts, not the opposite. 

If a restaurant had one amazing dish that kept people coming in and a bunch of ****ty ones that no one ate, it would be self-defeating to stop serving the good dish. They would benefit more from improving the rest of the menu, wouldn’t they? 

Great analogy!

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Random comp thought... Anyone see a little Dipo in Sexton?

I can see that, In a vacuum at same age Sexton is the better pick and it's not even close