Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Would y'all trade AG for Lillard?

Also, I'd call SA and see if they're interested in AG, Evan and or Vuch or EP for Kawhi and filler.

I would trade AG for lillard. I’m a huge lillard fan

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Would y'all trade AG for Lillard?

Also, I'd call SA and see if they're interested in AG, Evan and or Vuch or EP for Kawhi and filler.

My whole thing about that is if you're trading for lillard the distance between "lets build around lillard" and "when do we start to consider shopping lillard to avoid losing value for him as he starts to decline" is pretty short.  

You make those types of deals if you think you can build a reasonable contender for next season can't waste time with 28 year olds

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

My whole thing about that is if you're trading for lillard the distance between "lets build around lillard" and "when do we start to consider shopping lillard to avoid losing value for him as he starts to decline" is pretty short.  

You make those types of deals if you think you can build a reasonable contender for next season can't waste time with 28 year olds

Very good point

4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Maybe they think they can.

If you get Lillard, draft Doncic or Ayton, and JI takes a step, you might be a playoff team.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

If you get Lillard, draft Doncic or Ayton, and JI takes a step, you might be a playoff team.

That is way too many ifs.

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Hence why we should only be looking at players 25 or under to pick up unless we are taking on salary for assets.

1 minute ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Very good point

Yeah so if you have lillard and you can work some magic where you end up with deandre Jordan and Kevin love over the next 5 months, fine.  But if you have lillard and you're like "lillard and Bagley and Isaac will be a great team to build around once we get these guys enough experience". That's a dumb move.  

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

You don't pair lillard with 20 year olds. Nobody in this draft is going to be worthy of being lillard's sidekick until post all star 2020 at the earliest.  4 months before lillard's 30th birthday.