Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Man, kind of crazy EP and Fournier couldn’t at least get the ball rolling on a deal for Kennard. Kennard has been pretty awful this year—really goes to show you how low EP and Fournier are valued around the league. 

If we can’t even get Kennard with those guys I expect nothing to happen. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Man, kind of crazy EP and Fournier couldn’t at least get the ball rolling on a deal for Kennard. Kennard has been pretty awful this year—really goes to show you how low EP and Fournier are valued around the league. 

Kennard is shooting 42.6% from 3, he hasnt been awful

2 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Kennard is shooting 42.6% from 3, he hasnt been awful

He literally can only shoot. Fournier shooting nearly 40% and is a much better player. 

Id like to have Kennard—my point is he’s not exactly a world beater prospect and if Fournier and EP can’t get us a player of his caliber my expectations are lowered. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

He literally can only shoot. Fournier shooting nearly 40% and is a much better player. 

Id like to have Kennard—my point is he’s not exactly a world beater prospect and if Fournier and EP can’t get us a player of his caliber my expectations are lowered. 

Agreed. He seems like he'd be a nice roll player to get, but that's it.

10 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Fournier has value but adding EP took it away in that deal. 

The thing is, Payton would definitely help them at PG. If you ignore his defensive deficiencies, he might be better than Reggie Jackson, and Jackson is out injured right now.

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Fournier makes 17M a year. Kennard is on a rookie deal with 3 years left. That is way more valuable to us as the worst team in the league.

28 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

This was a pre-griffin rumor.  Its likely we offered Payton Fournier and filler for Kennard, Bradley, and filler.  

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

This was a pre-griffin rumor.  Its likely we offered Payton Fournier and filler for Kennard, Bradley, and filler.  

That would be a bad trade in my opinion, so glad it can't go through now.

23 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Fournier makes 17M a year. Kennard is on a rookie deal with 3 years left. That is way more valuable to us as the worst team in the league.

I know, I’d rather have Kennard. I’m not disputing that. My only point was that if Fournier and EP can’t get us Kennard I’m pulling back my deadline expectations. That’s all. Obviously kennard makes more sense for us. 

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

that article had an interesting note about the magic. coaching staff could be gone sooner rather than later. Jerry Stackhouse and/or Monty Williams could be considered? I hope it's stack; interested to see a new guy come in. 

Hammond LOVES Stackhouse, in a recent podcast he said he follows him closely and without a doubt believes he'll be a headcoach one day.