Jump to content
?4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

?4thewin    1,728
1 minute ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I was wondering the same. Hornets seem to be down on him and Jordan wants to keep them in a win now mode

Theres a recent report that their front office is split on if they should keep him or go win now.  

I wonder if we could do monk and mkg for Augustin, Simmons, and the okc pick or one of our future picks that its perpetually lotto protected.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicman28    249
4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Maybe we wanted to play Blake at 5. A lot of analysts think it's the next step in his career and could turn him into a better player (better spacing) 

That might be true. Than you have Isaac and Blake defending whoever based on matchups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicman28    249
2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Theres a recent report that their front office is split on if they should keep him or go win now.  

I wonder if we could do monk and mkg for Augustin, Simmons, and the okc pick or one of our future picks that its perpetually lotto protected.  

You don't think they'd want Fournier? Young. Good length on the contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,728
1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

You don't think they'd want Fournier? Young. Good length on the contract.

Too much money i assume.  

Edit - unless you want to do Fournier and something worth 3+ million for monk and batum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WarDamnMagic    30
8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Theres a recent report that their front office is split on if they should keep him or go win now.  

I wonder if we could do monk and mkg for Augustin, Simmons, and the okc pick or one of our future picks that its perpetually lotto protected.  

I like that trade for both of us. Someone said it a week or 2 ago but they are truly marioing Monk. They should definitely trade him. Not the biggest mkg fan but I didn’t know he’s only 24 still and he has a 7’ wingspan so he’d fit the system it seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicman28    249
31 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Too much money i assume.  

Edit - unless you want to do Fournier and something worth 3+ million for monk and batum

That's what I did on the trade machine. Fournier and filler for Monk and MKG.

This would be a good deal with where we're at as a team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,728
17 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I like that trade for both of us. Someone said it a week or 2 ago but they are truly marioing Monk. They should definitely trade him. Not the biggest mkg fan but I didn’t know he’s only 24 still and he has a 7’ wingspan so he’d fit the system it seems. 

That was me.  

Its weird.  He has that 18 point fourth quarter in November and they took him out of the rotation 5 games later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,728
3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That's what I did on the trade machine. Fournier and fuller for Monk and MKG.

This would be a good deal with where we're at as a team.

That would have them adding long term salary though.  Don't think they want that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,728
37 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Theres a recent report that their front office is split on if they should keep him or go win now.  

I wonder if we could do monk and mkg for Augustin, Simmons, and the okc pick or one of our future picks that its perpetually lotto protected.  

Actually, thinking about it more i don't think we'd need to add the pick because Simmons is probably better than mkg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WarDamnMagic    30
8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

That was me.  

Its weird.  He has that 18 point fourth quarter in November and they took him out of the rotation 5 games later

Yeah that is really strange. Kinda fits at what our FO said a week ago at moves they could possibly make. Wont make us better today but a few years down the road it could have an impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WarDamnMagic    30
10 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Actually, thinking about it more i don't think we'd need to add the pick because Simmons is probably better than mkg. 

I think Charlotte would be a really good fit for Simmons actually. He would be more of a 4th or 5th option there which is what he’s more suited for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicman28    249
8 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Yeah that is really strange. Kinda fits at what our FO said a week ago at moves they could possibly make. Wont make us better today but a few years down the road it could have an impact.

Yeah agree. Question is do they have the same line of thinking?

If Kyler is correct, they're trying to get a sure thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×