Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

I don't think any of them have MVP caliber potential.

That’s fair, especially with all the pub about how small the league has gotten, it’s easy to overlook the impact a big can have on the game, Ayton definitely has the potential though.  I’m higher on Bagley than some, but he could come right in and perform in the league.  With the right talent  depth I think he could be a solid #2 option, which is something we don’t have.

Young is tricky to me, he’s shown a lot but I still see him struggling to stay on the floor at the nba level.  Great college game though...

10 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Maybe we SHOULD trade our pick for DSJ and the Dallas pick you mentioned a few days ago?

DSJ is the guy I wanted to but his injury potential with how he plays scares me. I think at some point he's gonna have to reinvent himself.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

DSJ is the guy I wanted to but his injury potential with how he plays scares me. I think at some point he's gonna have to reinvent himself.

He's the guy I wanted too. If we would have picked him we would be looking strictly at bigs in the upcoming draft. I think DSJ and DJ would be a decent combo. I still think management couldn't get a pack of gum in trade for EP before the draft and decided to ride it out another season.

7 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

That’s fair, especially with all the pub about how small the league has gotten, it’s easy to overlook the impact a big can have on the game, Ayton definitely has the potential though.  I’m higher on Bagley than some, but he could come right in and perform in the league.  With the right talent  depth I think he could be a solid #2 option, which is something we don’t have.

Young is tricky to me, he’s shown a lot but I still see him struggling to stay on the floor at the nba level.  Great college game though...

Wasn't it Ayton who scoffed at defense? I just don't think with what we been through, drafting a big like that is the way to go.

Havent watched much of Bagely. Young...Yeah I dunno. Chris Paul? Steve Nash? I mean short unexplosive but quick as lightening guys who are all stars. Is it possible he's of the same cloth?

17 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Maybe we SHOULD trade our pick for DSJ and the Dallas pick you mentioned a few days ago?

That was more of a device to show you how Isaac and a 2019 pick isn't going to get a 2018 top 5 pick.  

I do think we should consider trading it though.  But our pick is probably worth more than dsj because hypothetical players are worth more than players for some stupid reason. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

That was more of a device to show you how Isaac and a 2019 pick isn't going to get a 2018 top 5 pick.  

I do think we should consider trading it though.  But our pick is probably worth more than dsj because hypothetical players are worth more than players for some stupid reason. 

I think it depends upon the player though right? If you can get an all-star for one pick, you do it almost every single time. But usually it is not an all-star for a pick, it is a mediocre player or a young player that hasn't shown anything yet.

To put it in another way, Philly wouldn't trade Simmons for a single pick, and I don't think Boston would trade Tatum for a single pick even if it is a top three pick. But I bet DSJ might be had for a pick, or Monk, or other players that haven't quite panned out.

With the player in the NBA, you have already seen their ability to a certain degree, and have a better idea of what they will become. DSJ has shown some ability to possibly be a good player in the future, but hasn't shown himself to really be a star type player yet. The pick, on the other hand is full potential until used. And it is a pick that "you" (and by that I mean the GM) has more control over and can go off of intuition and information gathered about the players in the draft.

(Now that I wrote that, I realized that the thinking around trading in the NBA is riddled with behavioral finance biases)

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think all the teams would do it too

Are we doing it because one of them might be good? Or is it more of a salary deduction trade? Help me with the angle.

Just now, Odin said:

Are we doing it because one of them might be good? Or is it more of a salary deduction trade? Help me with the angle.

It would be a lot of young blood. I think kennard could be good both him and Stanley Johnson definitely need a change of scenery. Patterson has a friendly contract and Ferguson is very interesting to me. Also we’d be cutting like 8 mill in salary