Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I wouldn't give up AG for Ayton's potential no.

I wouldn't either, but I'd have to consider AG for Ayton, another good young player, and some other future good picks, wouldn't you?

8 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I wouldn't either, but I'd have to consider AG for Ayton, another good young player, and some other future good picks, wouldn't you?

I don't think that deal exists though.  

Here are the situations that would trade for Gordon

1. Older star for younger potential in Gordon

2. Picks because they're ready to cash in their rebuild and don't need to develop young players

3. Duplicate talent (i.e. we have Powell so we can trade ross.)

You're asking for a trade from a team with all three. That team doesn't exist

48 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yes because drafting 3 mvp caliber players and a first team all defense guy in 3 consecutive drafts is replicable. 

hmmmm I believe that's the perceived upside of Isaac (all team defense) and Ayton and Young (mvp franchise playwrs)

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

hmmmm I believe that's the perceived upside of Isaac (all team defense) and Ayton and Young (mvp franchise playwrs)

What makes you think Ayton is a MVP caliber player?

58 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I don't think that deal exists though.  

Here are the situations that would trade for Gordon

1. Older star for younger potential in Gordon

2. Picks because they're ready to cash in their rebuild and don't need to develop young players

3. Duplicate talent (i.e. we have Powell so we can trade ross.)

You're asking for a trade from a team with all three. That team doesn't exist

I agree it probably doesn't exist, but if I was to trade AG it would have to be for a major haul of that magnitude. I'm sure some would trade him for a lot less. I would however trade Isaac and our 2019 top 3 protected pick for a top 5 pick this year.

I don't know whether I over or undervalue our players but to me our team is like a thrift store with 3-5 great items in the window and nothing else but junk inside the store. The only way we are gonna get better in managements 3-4 year window is to sacrifice some of what few assets we have now. I think we have  a lot of players that nobody else wants.

54 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

What makes you think Ayton is a MVP caliber player?

Out of those three I’d say Ayton has easily the best chance to be mvp caliber.

3 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I agree.  I think he's got the best chance but i don't think he has a good chance

But i'm kind of down on this draft.  

23 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I don't know whether I over or undervalue our players but to me our team is like a thrift store with 3-5 great items in the window and nothing else but junk inside the store. The only way we are gonna get better in managements 3-4 year window is to sacrifice some of what few assets we have now. I think we have  a lot of players that nobody else wants.

We have enough pieces to enter full rebuild mode through trades.  Our only relatively unmovable piece is Biyombo, though anyone can be moved.  Hezonja is unmovable in a different way, in that his value is muted with his contract status. He’s the perfect sweetener to a deal that involves larger contract parameters though.  

As with most good fans you significantly overvalue our best piece, though you do undervalue a couple pieces as well.

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I agree.  I think he's got the best chance but i don't think he has a good chance

But i'm kind of down on this draft.  

Maybe we SHOULD trade our pick for DSJ and the Dallas pick you mentioned a few days ago?

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Maybe we SHOULD trade our pick for DSJ and the Dallas pick you mentioned a few days ago?

That would be ballsy, and depending  on Dallas’ play the rest of the way it could work for us.  DSJ is still at least a couple years away so the pick would have to really come through. I wouldn’t do it if I were Dallas unless the pick was clearly going to be 1 or 2.  

14 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I don't think any of them have MVP caliber potential.

16 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

DSJ is the guy I wanted too but his injury potential with how he plays scares me. I think at some point he's gonna have to reinvent himself.