Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

First post in the non draft thread for ages. Been kind of zoned out on this whole NBA season once the losing started. Just read the last few page of this thread: we're trading Vuc I guess?! That's potentially exciting... 

Also I'm sure it's already been done to death but Oladipo being an all star this year is like seeing your ex girlfriend get super hot and start dating a movie star while you're still single and lonely... 

Man this team is depressing right now... I'm going back to the draft thread where I can hope for a better future.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

It is very rare for someone to develop a frozen shoulder without any other pathology associated. Something is making that capsule to get thicker. It could be biomechanics but then again it is extremely rare on an athlete to develop this at a young age. 

I think is definitely a scapular issue. Maybe he suffers from a weak scapula(winging of scapula) and has been over compensating with the shoulder causing chronic inoingment and  thickening of the capsule, hence the frozen shoulder. 

If that is the case, then he might beed more than just a few weeks to recover. 

I just dont understand why Philly doesnt shot him down for the year like they did with Simmons and Embid if it is really that serious. 

This doesn't smell right. If I am the owner of that team and I see one of my players struggling like that, I will fligh him immediately to Alabama to see  Dr James Andrew and shot him down for the year.

In a weak scapula, I agree, shut him down for the year. Control inflammation and then you would strengthen the posterior muscles correct? The infraspinatus, supraspinatus, Teres  major/minor?

37 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

In a weak scapula, I agree, shut him down for the year. Control inflammation and then you would strengthen the posterior muscles correct? The infraspinatus, supraspinatus, Teres  major/minor?

Yes. Because sometimes is not a problem in any of the rotator cuff muscles but the nerve that innervate those mucles( suprascapular nerve).

In other words, you can rehab the rotator cuff muscle all you want but if you dont correct the scapular dysfunction then the impingment will continue and the muscle will get even weaker. 

It is not that simple. 

6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

People forget Sabonis looks like a good player... We proper *****ed up massively with Dipo and Him 

Meh.  We weren't drafting him when we had vucevic.  

31 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Meh.  We weren't drafting him when we had vucevic.  

He could of been the back up to him... Instead of 17 million on Biz.. We *****ed up no matter what way we look at it. Anyway onwards and upwards 

12 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

He could of been the back up to him... Instead of 17 million on Biz.. We *****ed up no matter what way we look at it. Anyway onwards and upwards 

Two non - rim protecting centers in a rotation is pretty crappy.  

We weren't drafting sabonis. We were probably drafting dejounte murray