Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’d love to add Kemba and keep this year’s pick. Give them next year’s pick, top three protected. Stay away from Dwight.

By adding Kemba, do we go from top 3 draft pick to 5-7? 

I just don't know if we turn out to be that much better. 

If we were talking about Kyrie, or a player such as him, absolutely. 

Kemba isn't Kyrie.

13 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

So kyrie was traded for unprotected Brooklyn pick, Thomas, Crowder, zizic. 

Kyrie is unquestionably better than kemba and younger.  

Hypothetically if Cleveland wanted to dump 26 million in salary onto Boston there'd be no way they'd get any lotto pick, right? 

We can probably get kemba for our 2019 pick with heavier protections than i initially figured.  Top 6?

Yeah, no way they get the Brooklyn pick if they tried to move TT/JR/Shump.

Bulls didn't take any bad money back from Minnesota in the Butler deal and had gave up their 16th pick just to get 7th, with 2 back-end starters/rotation guys. 

Sacramento didn't take back money with the Cousins trade and landed one mid-level starter and the 10th pick (was top 3 protected).

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Kemba isn't Kyrie.

It’s a risk, no doubt. However, unlike a lot of the board, I like Sexton, who I believe will still be around at 7 or 8.

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Kemba isn't Kyrie.

We have to go 29-8 to make the playoffs. We can add Durant to this lineup and wouldn't make the playoffs.  Doesnt mean its not worth it.  

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

We have to go 29-8 to make the playoffs. We can add Durant to this lineup and wouldn't make the playoffs.  Doesnt mean its not worth it.  

I'm not talking about the playoffs. Talking about draft positioning.

7 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It puts the team in a tough position where they either need to be good enough for the rest of the year to be worth it (Something like 20-17 at least I think) which would push us up to around the 10th-14th pick, at which point who really cares, our team looks good and the pick is not as valuable. Or we need to stay bad enough that losing the draft pick is fine. The other issue is that it doesn't take much to push us way up the order right now. SAC and ATL are only .5 losses away from us. Phoenix, who are 8th worst right now, are only three games ahead of us.

To me, there is too much risk that he only improves us by 5-6 games. Currently, if we stay at the current win percentage, we are on track to win 10-11 more games. Winning 5-6 more games means that we would likely lose our pick under your proposed protections, but still likely not look like a good team as we would have gone 17-20 at best in that situation after getting him (supposing of course that he came over right now).

The risk/reward just doesn't make sense to me. If Kemba will improve our team to a playoff team next year, why aren't the Hornets currently in the playoffs this year? After all, the talent sans Kemba is similar to what he would have with the Magic I feel.

20 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I'm not talking about the playoffs. Talking about draft positioning.

Oh.  We probably have a good shot to finish like 31-51. That might be 8th in the lotto

3 minutes ago, Odin said:

It puts the team in a tough position where they either need to be good enough for the rest of the year to be worth it (Something like 20-17 at least I think) which would push us up to around the 10th-14th pick, at which point who really cares, our team looks good and the pick is not as valuable. Or we need to stay bad enough that losing the draft pick is fine. The other issue is that it doesn't take much to push us way up the order right now. SAC and ATL are only .5 losses away from us. Phoenix, who are 8th worst right now, are only three games ahead of us.

To me, there is too much risk that he only improves us by 5-6 games. Currently, if we stay at the current win percentage, we are on track to win 10-11 more games. Winning 5-6 more games means that we would likely lose our pick under your proposed protections, but still likely not look like a good team as we would have gone 17-20 at best in that situation after getting him (supposing of course that he came over right now).

The risk/reward just doesn't make sense to me. If Kemba will improve our team to a playoff team next year, why aren't the Hornets currently in the playoffs this year? After all, the talent sans Kemba is similar to what he would have with the Magic I feel.

How I feel to a T.

Only thing is, are any of those draftees as good or better than Kemba as a pro?

If Young or Sexton isn't, it's probably worth it to not stress the draft. Will Donicic be any better than Mario? What about Ayton? 

2 minutes ago, Odin said:

If Kemba will improve our team to a playoff team next year, why aren't the Hornets currently in the playoffs this year?

Dwight.  Poor roster construction.  MCW is really bad.  

When kemba is on the court Charlotte is a 108.5 offensive rating team and a 103.3 defensive team.  

When kemba is off the court they're at 95 and 107. 

I don't think he should get credit for the defense but that offensive jump is crazy