Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Far too much risk for a guy we don't have good odds of keeping past 2019.

We can't get good players because they might leave because we're missing good players. 

But we can't get good players because they might leave because we're missing good players. 

But we can't get good players because they might leave because we're missing good players. 

• Upvote 2

I'd rather take a risk with a Top 4 pick this year than hope Kemba won't get annoyed stat padding on a bad team next season. Moreover, I think if we take some of Charlotte's bad deals back we can still keep our pick. Anyone who takes Batum's deal should honestly have Kemba for free.

Yeah if we were to take on Batum's deal it should free us of needing to include the pick. 

If there was a free agent out there that could get us a pseudo big 3 with Kemba and Gordon I might consider it.

I was discussing this over at Real GM and if Kemba had more years on his contract, I'd trade our 2018 first rounder, unprotected. Even just one more year than he currently has would make a world of difference

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Talent? Leadership? Offense?

He isn't devoid of any of those traits, just not enough of each to take us to another level from where we are at.  I also think he has 3 good years left before he starts tailing off.  That's when our next window should hopefully be opening.  When you consider his upcoming contract concerns, the timing just doesn't seem right.  There isn't enough talent on this team regardless of our PG situation.  If this is part of a bigger deal to address other spots as well then he would be a good supplementary piece, with the acknowledgement that his contract that we'll have to negotiate will cover almost exclusively his 30's.

Just now, Murphy13 said:

He isn't devoid of any of those traits, just not enough of each to take us to another level from where we are at.  I also think he has 3 good years left before he starts tailing off.  That's when our next window should hopefully be opening.  When you consider his upcoming contract concerns, the timing just doesn't seem right.  There isn't enough talent on this team regardless of our PG situation.  If this is part of a bigger deal to address other spots as well then he would be a good supplementary piece, with the acknowledgement that his contract that we'll have to negotiate will cover almost exclusively his 30's.

I'm just worried we have a few young players that are puttering around developing bad habits and not playing with other good players. We've seen our young guys leave and go play with other good players and it brings them to the next level.  

So I'm not pushing to trade for kemba because i think he's opening a window for us.  I'm pushing to trade for kemba because having him spend a few years with Gordon and Isaac might return significant dividends with their development.  

• Upvote 1

So kyrie was traded for unprotected Brooklyn pick, Thomas, Crowder, zizic. 

Kyrie is unquestionably better than kemba and younger.  

Hypothetically if Cleveland wanted to dump 26 million in salary onto Boston there'd be no way they'd get any lotto pick, right? 

We can probably get kemba for our 2019 pick with heavier protections than i initially figured.  Top 6?

32 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I'm just worried we have a few young players that are puttering around developing bad habits and not playing with other good players. We've seen our young guys leave and go play with other good players and it brings them to the next level.  

So I'm not pushing to trade for kemba because i think he's opening a window for us.  I'm pushing to trade for kemba because having him spend a few years with Gordon and Isaac might return significant dividends with their development.  

But does Kenna actually provide that? He's more of a leader than EP sure but is his leadership that strong?