Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I'm more interested in sending vooch and Evan for cap space to Dallas if possible. 30 mil off the cap. If we could squeeze their first round from this year out of them I'd be ecstatic 

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I'm more interested in sending vooch and Evan for cap space to Dallas if possible. 30 mil off the cap. If we could squeeze their first round from this year out of them I'd be ecstatic 

You'd be more interested in cap space in a bad free agency class than an all star pg?

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

No way is it too much.  

24 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Assuming we find a way to dump vucevic, we'd basically be looking at a 116 million salary and this rotation

Kemba-ross-batum-gordon-biyombo

Augustin - Simmons-iwundu-isaac-birch

Ehh, I think your love of Kemba is clouding your vision here. We wouldn't be running that line up this year with Ross possibly out for most of the year and Isaac questionable. So we are still going to lose a lot of games. Perhaps the same number, since we have upgraded the PG position but downgraded the wing (Batum has been struggling this year and has not been worth 20+ million) and lost some depth (not super valuable depth, but depth none the less).

So next year we are still looking at a bottom feeding team. Maybe slightly improved but how much? And can we improve the team? Oh wait, we probably lost the pick, as even being the worst team in the league only gives you a 46.5% chance at a top two pick. What about free agency? Oh, can't do that either since we are already over the cap with this bad roster?

In the off season to the 19-20 season, we are still going to be a bit trapped. We will have at least 80 million already on the books, and perhaps already over 90 million (depends on who Vuch gets traded for in this scenario, assuming Gordon gets at least 20 million). We will have to try to resign Walker at this point as well (Though I guess we could try to get another free agent signed first).

I think this would be too high of a risk for too little of a reward. I can too easily see this trapping us in a bad position for another few years, while not giving us any new players whose potential can grow. This is a complete bet that Gordon+Isaac will improve enough to bring the team up, which we are already betting, and that Kemba is the spark we need. While i think our road forward currently is rough and difficult, this suggested road feels too much like we are veering off into a tiny mountain path, hoping that it will shorten the road and that we won't get trapped on the way through.

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

You'd be more interested in cap space in a bad free agency class than an all star pg?

Does he move the needle for us?? Do we have to give up our first round pick this year? I would prefer Vooch and Evan to Dallas for expirings and their lotto pick from this year if possible. 

Glad we have things to discuss exciting times 

P4TW Don't get it twisted i like Kemba. But what crap contracts do we have to take on? I really don't want to give our first for this year. He expires in 1-2 years also 

What record for the rest of the year do we have to have to make the playoffs this year? If this is your motivation then go all in for Kemba. If not then stay the course and dump so dead weight for picks or prospects. If you get kemba now then you gotta make another trade for a good player that could possibly get you to the playoffs seems highly unlikely. If we get him now and no one else then we are destined to kill our draft pick level. 

14 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

P4TW Don't get it twisted i like Kemba. But what crap contracts do we have to take on? I really don't want to give our first for this year. He expires in 1-2 years also 

Theres no way we get a lotto pick for Fournier and/or vucevic

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

If we don't include batum in the trade we'd have to take both mkg and Marvin Williams or...

Dwight

Frank would go nucking futs and we would never be able to hire a coach again. Martins would be our coach.