Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

So Charlotte wants cap space. 

Kemba and batum for Payton, Fournier, mack, and Mario plus a top 2 protected 2018 pick seems good. 

Then trade Vuch to Dallas for Noel and whatever filler?

If pick conveys, would we look back and think how stupid it was to give up the chance at high-ceiling PG prospects for a 27 year-old above-average starting PG?  I'm struggling with that although I love Kemba.   

Assuming we find a way to dump vucevic, we'd basically be looking at a 116 million salary and this rotation

Kemba-ross-batum-gordon-biyombo

Augustin - Simmons-iwundu-isaac-birch

If we're taking back Batum maybe a deal is there without this year's pick and/or more significant protections on it?

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

If pick conveys, would we look back and think how stupid it was to give up the chance at high-ceiling PG prospects for a 27 year-old above-average starting PG?  I'm struggling with that although I love Kemba.   

With kemba you get great leadership and shot creation.  And a guy with enough charisma to be a star.  

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

If we're taking back Batum maybe a deal is there without this year's pick and/or more significant protections on it?

Maybe.  We've all been way off on "star" trade returns lately.  

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

With kemba you get great leadership and shot creation.  And a guy with enough charisma to be a star.  

Probably didn't see my response due to the Kemba excitement. Think he has 5 good years left?

Not questioning that.  Just wondering if this is an odd year to go all-in on a PG when we're almost guaranteed to be in ideal position for 2 of the most intriguing PG prospects in recent memory.

Maybe.  We've all been way off on "star" trade returns lately.  

Yeah, no telling recently.

13 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

So Charlotte wants cap space. 

Kemba and batum for Payton, Fournier, mack, and Mario plus a top 2 protected 2018 pick seems good. 

I think that is too much. I don't think we improve enough, and there is too high of a chance we lose the pick.

3 minutes ago, Odin said:

I think that is too much. I don't think we improve enough, and there is too high of a chance we lose the pick.

No way is it too much.  

21 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Probably didn't see my response due to the Kemba excitement. Think he has 5 good years left?

He just turned 27, of course he has a good 5 years left.